Anyone from Manipal who did their internship in the US?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

babaganish8500

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am a student in my 3rd yr at KMC mangalore... Does anyone know how to get their internship stuff done in US? I am curious about where in the US you can do these internship and what colleges take FMGs as interns... I know I have to do about 2 or 3 months of community medicine/social medicine in KMC but after that what are my options? I tried to ask the administration but you know how they work, they pretend either not to understand you or they simply dont know what the hell they are talking about... Asking the dean is like just a total waste of time because he knows less than the coconuts on the trees here... lol

If you did ur MBBS at another college and then went to US to do your internship, please let me know... thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I got the same questions.... lol... I guess its all depends on ur connections so far... I asked around back home and basically the jist i got was that its really difficult to get and you have to have step 1 usmle done... and also you will waste a lot of time in between different postings cuz you wont get all postings at one hospital... you will get one in one and then another somewhere else and so on... iono if its worth it...

found some stuff out... guess step one isnt mandatory... well atleast with this program it isn't... but otherise i suppose it is... Check out Americlerkship.org... they can get you rotations and they seem to have a pretty professional set up from the looks of it... pretty expensive but if you dont got the connects or if you dont want any favors its a good deal... Only think is they dont operate in California... which sux a lot...

Interesting....I have had friends from KMC mangalore who graduated 2007...one of them actually came to NY (Weill Medical College) for the clerkship thing and then went back...he is preparing for the USMLE's at the moment...I don't think he's on sdn but I know that he applied to many places individually...

He also had recommendation letters from people under whose supervision he had done some research work....That is always an advantage and makes it easier to get a clerkship...

Anyway...bottomline is that yes it is possible...you need to check out university websites and write to people to find out...Persistence is the key!

Good Luck:)