anyone from pakistan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zindagikaraaz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi anyone from pakistan preparing for NBDE part 1 or 2.

Members don't see this ad.

im from pakistan too.planning 2 take part 1 july.wat abut u?how much time u hv got 2 do ur prep.plz pm regarding ur dtails.i ll b waiting 4 ur reply.bye 4 now

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I am also from pakistan planning to give exam in end aug.

Hi !
Nice to see so many of u from pakistan. So where did u guys graduate from? Iam a graduate of de'Montmorency institute of dental sciences. Taking my boards in june. Plz let me know if i could be of any assistance ( Although chances are that u might end up assisting me , i hate studying :laugh: ) Nyways good luck !

O Jiyo Pakistanio!:banana:
Its good to see Pakiz planning for NDBE.. Hope to hv good time wid u guys. All the best wid studies :thumbup: !

Hi everybody!
I am also from Pakistan and am going to write the exam in october.
Uff its sooooooooo tough to study, especially the bloody biochem.
Anyway how u ppl are prepairing?
:thumbup: or :thumbdown:
I wish you best of luck:thumbup:

hey there I am from Karachi, Pakistan and residing in Toronto.

Hi
I am from Pakistan and I have done my NBDE-1 in march and also got my result.It was just 83 due to stupid conversion curve set by ADA for new comprehansive exam.

hi guys i belong to peshawar pakistan residing in colorado.
good luck all:thumbup:

Hi i am from Pakistan graduated from de,Mntmorency residing in Houston.Just started preparation for NBDE 1.Plan to give the exam in November.
Good to see so many people from Pakistan

Hi guys,
I am from lahore,
I am planning to give my NBDE part one at september or november,
I need a partner to study with ,
Anyone wanna study with me ???

waiting :)

how come there are only a handful of pakis in the house. where are the rest i mean are they hibernating, bz in multiplying or what

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,
i am also from pak n now i am in boston.so lets see how we can come up with a plan to study together......

hi,
i am from pakistan too.i want to know if one is a green card holder do that person get any benefit for getting into the universities or not.my other main Q is do we have to send all our original documents for our ece report.thx.plz let me know if anyone can answer me thx.

hi,
i am from pakistan too.i want to know if one is a green card holder do that person get any benefit for getting into the universities or not.my other main Q is do we have to send all our original documents for our ece report.thx.plz let me know if anyone can answer me thx.

ans to ur 2nd question:its ece requirement for students graduated from pak to send all original documents and 1 set of photocopies of those documents.hope it helps .good luck:thumbup:

hi i m also from pakistan goin 2 give exam in first week f august. i m in NY. if anybody frm NY nd need [email protected]

iam so glad to see so many pakistaniz here. iam also a pakistani residing in bay area cali

anyone interested in studying for part 1 pm me!

Hi,
I have a quick question,
My brother is in Karachi Pakistan and he is just finished his dentistry.
I like him to and he also want to pursue his study from USA. Please let me know what he need to do or what he can do to start his process to get visa and admission here in USA.

Thanks in advance.
Bilal

Wow , thats great to see so many of them I am from lahore Pakistan.Graduated from deMontmorency in 2002. I got 87% in part1.Studying for part 2 . Residing in Maryland.

hello

Last edited:
Anyone studying for part2 or taken part2?

Anyone studying for part2 or taken part2?

Hi, I am originally from Karachi..planning on taking Part 2 in december. When are you taking your part 2?:cool:

Last edited:
i always thought i was the only pakistani around on SDN... :) Good to see u guys.

from Lahore Pakistan, graduated from de' montmorency in 2005. given Boards this july scoring 90... got just one call till now, from UOP... applied to NYU, BU, UPENN, UTHSCSA, UMN and UCLA... lets see wat happens...

Best wishes for everyone

Hey guys! Nice to see a bunch of pakis in here. I am from khi and graduated from Baqai in 2003. Scored 84 in nbde1 which apparently is a despair considering the contemporary competition! Planning to re-take my part 1 sometime at the beginning of 2008! Currently living in California. Got rejected from two colleges already on my present score and awaiting rejection from the rest as well, lol. Columbia and UOP disapproved so far, anticipating a similar response from UCSF and UCLA as well. So, for NOW!! just one aim i am heading for!! to get above 90s this time Inshallah!!!..
Best of luck for everyone!!!
tc....:)

hi im from karachi residing in NY neone studying for part 2 my exam is next mnth..

hi
I am a graduate of KCD, Peshawar. I have 93 in part I and 85 in part II. I have been using SDN for more than a year, but I never realized that there could be so many Pakistani dentist on this forum. I am very happy to see Pakistani dentist coming for advanced standing.

Last edited:
hi guys ,

great to see so many pakistani but still we are very few posting here we need to come forward and write more about ourselves and share our experiences.
dont just write that you are from pakistan , tell us about your situation and how can it be helpfull to others.

now let me tell me something about myself.
i am from kmdc and and at the moment in london. planning to move to usa for nbde 1 exam havnt taken the exam yet but i n the process of getting the visa and planning to do the exam in jan or feb 2008 depending on availability of dates.

since due to the fierce competetion its hell of a job to get in to any of the advance satnding programs i am thinking about florida dental hygiene exam and even getting a degree in dental hygiene . it has quite a promise in usa still and in the mean time i can continue applying for the advance standing programs.

any body interested in group study can contact me bearing in mind that i am still not in usa and hopefully will be there in dec.

give me some feedback about my decission as well.

hope to hear from you guys.

take care

you can personally contact me at [email protected]
or call me +447944919656.

im new n sdn and im very happy to see so many pakistanis here ....:)...im a graduate of 2005 from demontmorency lahore.best f luck for all your future plans every1

if any1 of u has taken ndbe part2...can u please guide me if dental decks and part1 r sufficient to get a good score...im planning to take it in jan 2008...need some immediate help...just have a month,...any help would be appreciated...thanx

if any1 of u has taken ndbe part2...can u please guide me if dental decks and part1 r sufficient to get a good score...im planning to take it in jan 2008...need some immediate help...just have a month,...any help would be appreciated...thanx

My part 2 experience was different than Part I as I found it harder. In part I you get some repeat questions, but in part II I never felt that any question is repeated. You know part II past papers have a very huge pool and it took me a lot of time to solve booklets A to L. Some times radiograph quality is also not good. I found questions concentrated mainly from specific areas of dentistry like ethics and behavioural sciences, Prostho, Pharma and Perio (they call it 3P's test). There weren't many questions from operative, ortho, surgery etc.
So if you want to read any additional material for part II, you can do that for etheics, pharma, protho or any weak areas that you feel. Decks would be enoung for rest of subjects.
I did very bad on second day as reflected from my raw score. For day two one of my friend suggested me a book on treatment planing though at the end I didn't have the time to read it, but I think if you can read a book that can improve your treament planing and clinical judgment you can do best.
All the best

hey all
am from peshawar
planning on taking the nbde part 1 in 2008.
ANY ONE INTERESTED LET ME KNOW
BYE

hey.. im a 2nd year student of BDS from karachi.. i
want to know if i can somehow continue my studies abroad.. preferably Australia. anybody has any idea?

FALAK GOOGLE australian dental council
and they ll tel lyou everything
good luck

i always thought i was the only pakistani around on SDN... :) Good to see u guys.

from Lahore Pakistan, graduated from de' montmorency in 2005. given Boards this july scoring 90... got just one call till now, from UOP... applied to NYU, BU, UPENN, UTHSCSA, UMN and UCLA... lets see wat happens...

Best wishes for everyone
assalam happy teeth
thats awesome
u got 90 and u stilll sitting just like that
common man
guide me out of this **** MAN
nbde part 1 is a ****
bye

hi guys ,

great to see so many pakistani but still we are very few posting here we need to come forward and write more about ourselves and share our experiences.
dont just write that you are from pakistan , tell us about your situation and how can it be helpfull to others.

now let me tell me something about myself.
i am from kmdc and and at the moment in london. planning to move to usa for nbde 1 exam havnt taken the exam yet but i n the process of getting the visa and planning to do the exam in jan or feb 2008 depending on availability of dates.

since due to the fierce competetion its hell of a job to get in to any of the advance satnding programs i am thinking about florida dental hygiene exam and even getting a degree in dental hygiene . it has quite a promise in usa still and in the mean time i can continue applying for the advance standing programs.

any body interested in group study can contact me bearing in mind that i am still not in usa and hopefully will be there in dec.

give me some feedback about my decission as well.

hope to hear from you guys.

take care

you can personally contact me at [email protected]
or call me +447944919656.
am planning for the test in 2008
why dont you share some of the info regarding dental hygeien program man

Eid Mubarak & Happy Holidays to everyone.

Salam Alekom Guys... Aid Mobarak For All:)

ohh wow thread for pakistani dentists :) it feels so gd to c u guyz here.. i m planning to have my part1 in march and i m lookn for some study partner aswell...so waiting for ur reply guyz...

im planing march

Last edited:
hey mmy i appeared in nbde 1 in nov 2007 but got only 79 % ...my biochem n micro score was not good nywaz r u in usa rite now or some where else.....nywaz give me ur email adress so v can discuss thingz mine is [email protected]

Hey guys! Nice to see a bunch of pakis in here. I am from khi and graduated from Baqai in 2003. Scored 84 in nbde1 which apparently is a despair considering the contemporary competition! Planning to re-take my part 1 sometime at the beginning of 2008! Currently living in California. Got rejected from two colleges already on my present score and awaiting rejection from the rest as well, lol. Columbia and UOP disapproved so far, anticipating a similar response from UCSF and UCLA as well. So, for NOW!! just one aim i am heading for!! to get above 90s this time Inshallah!!!..
Best of luck for everyone!!!
tc....:)

hey i m 4m peshwar n also got 85..round abt u..planing to retake it in feb ...get in touch wid me if u can

hi everyone!
im from islamabad...planning on taking part 1 in may. just started with the decks... its kinda hard starting all over again with stuff i did a while back! how do u guys study? how many hours should one study for? and im planning on revising and re-revising the decks before i hit the old exams and review books... is tht a good idea?
'

salam everyone,

i'm so happy that we have a lot of Pakistanis who are very well educated :).

Lots of representation from Karachi and Peshawar my two fav. cities. Lahories, y'all are awesome too.

Well I've grown up in the west but love Pakistan. If I can be of any help to you all please shoot me a PM.

Pakistan Paindabad :).

Salam Khansahab
Nice to see another khan. I guess you are in BU right now doing regular DMD and if God willing I will also be coming to BU this summer, with atleast couple of other Pakistani guys. I am looking into different housing options these days. Let me know a place that is close to school, safe and most importantly economical. I heard that south block is good in this regard. BU housing fair is also coming in Feb, is it worth it to spend another $600 on this trip or better to to buy a new laptop.

salam everyone,

i'm so happy that we have a lot of Pakistanis who are very well educated :).

Lots of representation from Karachi and Peshawar my two fav. cities. Lahories, y'all are awesome too.

Well I've grown up in the west but love Pakistan. If I can be of any help to you all please shoot me a PM.

Pakistan Paindabad :).

Salam Khansahab
Nice to see another khan. I guess you are in BU right now doing regular DMD and if God willing I will also be coming to BU this summer, with atleast couple of other Pakistani guys. I am looking into different housing options these days. Let me know a place that is close to school, safe and most importantly economical. I heard that south block is good in this regard. BU housing fair is also coming in Feb, is it worth it to spend another $600 on this trip or better to to buy a new laptop.

wasalaam janaab,

yep i'm at BU. The housing near the school is actually a bit expensive and quite small to be honest. But if you have room mates and don't mind the compact apartment then it is very advantagous as you can walk to school. The best place to look for housing would be on craig's list (search for boston on the site) and I personally wouldn't spend cash on the housing fair trip. Go for the new laptop; or if you are already confirmed for BU then i think they give u a laptop (as an A.S. student) but i'm not sure. The four year DMD's get one for sure.

let me know if u have any more questions.

Thanks khan sahab
Yeh I have signed up with OHR to receive craig list in my email. They are charging us $1800 for a laptop which they will give us upon matriculation, while a laptop with the same specs can be bought for $800 or even less( I think they are charging this for the softwares they have installed ).
Inshallah I will keep intouch with you as I finalize things.
Regards

wasalaam janaab,

yep i'm at BU. The housing near the school is actually a bit expensive and quite small to be honest. But if you have room mates and don't mind the compact apartment then it is very advantagous as you can walk to school. The best place to look for housing would be on craig's list (search for boston on the site) and I personally wouldn't spend cash on the housing fair trip. Go for the new laptop; or if you are already confirmed for BU then i think they give u a laptop (as an A.S. student) but i'm not sure. The four year DMD's get one for sure.

let me know if u have any more questions.

AoA ... is there anyone in Toronto preparing for NBDE Part I ... shoot me an email at --- [email protected] ---- good luck