anyone from pakistan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi every one,
m glad to see all of u here,I am a fresh graduate,graduated this year.i am in lahore rite now,planning to come to NY till december.any one in lahore preparing for NBDE part 1 and interested in studying with me...plz let me know.........best of luck to all of u..bbye

Members don't see this ad.

Khansahab
Your flag theem is too kool......You stole my idea

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm im not sure i agree..i call myself paki all the time..its who we are...?

Then you are putting yourself down; its a derogatory term: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Paki.

Its equivalent to calling a black person N*gger or an Irishman a Mick.

I know lots of Pakistanis refer to them as this and it is PURE and TOTAL ignorance.

Xerostomia: I love our country :) Pakistan ZINDABAD.

The abbreviation Paki acquired offensive connotations in the 1960s when used by British tabloids to refer to subjects of former colony states in a derogatory and racist manner. In modern British usage "Paki" is typically used in a derogatory way as a label for all South Asians, including Indians, Afghans and Bangladeshis. To a lesser extent, the term has been applied as a racial slur towards Arabs and other Middle Eastern-looking groups who may resemble South Asians. During the 60's many emigrants were also dubbed as "black" to further segregrate them from the white community. Some would say such a division still exists in parts of England

In recent times there has been a trend by second and third-generation British Pakistanis to reclaim the word. The word has been turned into a keepsake for the young British Pakistani community that is not acceptable for someone outside the community to say it, including Indians and Bangladeshis.

Retrieved from "http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Paki"

hey i was wondering where will i get pakistani's doing nbde iam so pleased.m female pakistani student js did ma graduation few days b4 fron liaquat university from medical and health sciences...nd planing to do nbde1 in june..bt guys i really need help plzzzzzzzz help where to start from how to approach.guidelines,buks.evethng.hey telme is toefel necessary for nbde1.i really need sum study partners.hey who really wana join me in ma studez have strtd nbde1 plz leme noe

hie.m from pakistan nd planning to do nbde1 in june this year please can u guide me how to strt ,where to strt from nd yeah i wnt to know is toefel importnt to do b4 nbde1 as m residing in pakistan....plz seeking ur help tcz

heyyy.. u guys here.. have u completed ur graduation and then sitting for nbde? im in third year, do u think i can give it a shot right now????

Hi Everybody I'm new to this thread. I want a sincere advice regarding how I should go to US to sit NBDE Part 1. Should I apply as a normal tourist or as a visitor going to US to sit NBDE Part 1 exam. In the latter case I guess I have to obtain all the necessary papers for the exam and have to spend the visa fee and if I got refused all will go down the drain.
So please sincerely advice me that which path I should follow in acquiring the US Visa to take the Exam

dost2008

Kayrun,
I just gave the NDBE and scored a 79 by using the Dental Decks, Kaplan, and past tests. I went over the decks 4 times and Kaplan once but I still scored poorly. I spent 3 months studying and now I am considering giving it again. I'm currently in ISB too. If you need any other advice let me know. Take care.

Passed my NBDE 10 yrs back & California RT too and ready for WREB. Need prayers.

its grr8 to c all pakistaniz gathering and sharing their experiences on sdn. i knew there were lots of muslims on sdn..but these many pakistaniz ...amazing!:) and specialy lots from peshawer. me too graduated from kcd.peshwr recently. but cant be discussing much about american boards with u lot cuz i'm in canada and preparing for sept ee.
but i wish u all best ...way to go future dds or dmd'z:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Salaam everyone, came back to Toronto from Pakistan and i must say that it was fun to be there. So, whats going on guyz ????

Salam anayyar
Mubarak ho on clearing WREB...Good Luck for future endaveors

just curious cause my friend could not get a job in California after clearing his bench test .... hummm its been more than 2 months and he could not get a spot to start making $$$$ ... oh he is with Western Clinics which apparently have more than 100 centers .... any idea guyz ??? whats going on ???

hi im from Pakistan preparing for nbde1.any one interested for study together pls pm me.
thanks

hi
I am a graduate of KCD, Peshawar. I have 93 in part I and 85 in part II. I have been using SDN for more than a year, but I never realized that there could be so many Pakistani dentist on this forum. I am very happy to see Pakistani dentist coming for advanced standing.

HI.nice to see someone from KCD.i am also a KCD graduate of 2004.didnt gave my exam yet but i am preparing.would like if u can guide.when did u graduate?

ASSALAM O ALAIKUM TO ALL DEAR FELLOW PAKISTANIS.
WELL I AM FROM PESHAWAR AND RESIDING IN USA FROM 3 YRS.NOW PREPARING FOR BOARDS FOR THE FIRST TIME.ANYONE FROM PEKHAWAR?:laugh:

HI.nice to see someone from KCD.i am also a KCD graduate of 2004.didnt gave my exam yet but i am preparing.would like if u can guide.when did u graduate?

salam, nice to see you. I graduated in 2002, I would probably know you. send me pm.

hello nice to see u ....im from pakistan (graduate of liaquat) planning for part 1 exam..i will come in US in sept

hey i know this a very old thread but if anyone can help me out regarding the exam in anyway regarding books or prep centres in toronto, id really appreciate it
plz email @ [email protected]

hi every one,
m glad to see all of u here,I am a fresh graduate,graduated this year.i am in lahore rite now,planning to come to NY till december.any one in lahore preparing for NBDE part 1 and interested in studying with me...plz let me know.........best of luck to all of u..bbye

Hi, I am interested in going to a dental school in Pakistan. Currently I am living in Chicago. I am just wondering, once you graduate, you have to take your NBDE part 1 and 2 to get your license to practice here in U.S or is it to get your credits transferred to a dental program in U.S? Basically, what is the process for someone who has graduated from a dental school in Pakistan and want to practice in U.S?

Hi, I am interested in going to a dental school in Pakistan. Currently I am living in Chicago. I am just wondering, once you graduate, you have to take your NBDE part 1 and 2 to get your license to practice here in U.S or is it to get your credits transferred to a dental program in U.S? Basically, what is the process for someone who has graduated from a dental school in Pakistan and want to practice in U.S?

You need to do NBDE part 1 and than get an admission in international dental program which can be 2 to 3 years long,when you graduate as a dentist from foreign country you will get usually about one year credit from most of the dental schools which have international dentist program.In past there were some states which would allow you to pass NBDE part 1 and 2 without furthur education like California but i guess it is no more...Still MN has this opportunity available check out their dental board requirements.I would say if you are US citizen so try to get admission here it is beneficial the other route is really very Competitive and hard to get in plus cost you more money than regular DDS program.To make sure go to dental schools websites and check their IDP( international dental programs) or Programs for foreign graduate dentists and check their tution and other requirements.When you browse it you will get an idea what i was talking about.

You need to do NBDE part 1 and than get an admission in international dental program which can be 2 to 3 years long,when you graduate as a dentist from foreign country you will get usually about one year credit from most of the dental schools which have international dentist program.In past there were some states which would allow you to pass NBDE part 1 and 2 without furthur education like California but i guess it is no more...Still MN has this opportunity available check out their dental board requirements.I would say if you are US citizen so try to get admission here it is beneficial the other route is really very Competitive and hard to get in plus cost you more money than regular DDS program.To make sure go to dental schools websites and check their IDP( international dental programs) or Programs for foreign graduate dentists and check their tution and other requirements.When you browse it you will get an idea what i was talking about.

i second that.../.
if u wish to live in usa there is no good point in getting ur bds degree from pakistan....
u will have to go to 2 or 3 more years of dental school in usa for which u have to pass nbde 1 and 2. getting into a dental school in usa is not as simple as it sounds

Hey Ejaz, its difficult but not impossible. I graduated from high school in california before doing my BDS at LMDC in Pakistan. I'm now going to start my DDS conversion course at UIC next year.

It's not easy. It'll be way easier if you get into dental school directly from college. But I'm living proof that it CAN be done.

hello everyone...im from Karachi Pakistan..did my BDS from Fatima Jinanh dental College.
ill sit for the exams in May 2013. preparing for my part1 right now. but will give ot next year. really worried about the DAT and part 2 . dunno whats gonna happen. how will they all select candidates. im really worried. Anyone out there who is giving the exam in 2013?...please do share. thanks
Salam Pakistan!.

hey any one giving their part 2 nest yr, didnt score well on the part 1, can nayone tell me abt a univ tht accepts ppl with lower thn 85 .. dents student 11 when did u graduate from fjdc

Anyone intrested in studying together for part 1? planning to take it in Feb

HI

Any one preparing for part 1 in 2013?....i am from Pakistan and need a partner for combine study...if someone is interested?

Salam hum-watnoun!
This is so awesome..finding you all here..well I have a question too..although I am a Pakistani but I graduated from U.A.E. n its been 3 yrs since i havnt done anything..as a dentist that is...now along with being a mom of 2 I want to try giving the NBDEs and I would be really greatful if some 1 can guide me...m a total beginner at this..like I just started searching for the info so give me everything from A to Z. plus my family hasnt still shifted to the US but will in around 6-9 months so also do tell me which State would be best for getting accepted in a Uni n all

Thanks n regards