Anyone get a phone call from Baylor yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tgerwuds

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone get a phone call from Baylor yet?

Members don't see this ad.

no...does anyone know what time of day they normally call?

Members don't see this ad :)
no phone call for me.

doesn't look like its gonna happen today folks

Do they only call on Fridays?

anyone know when non-early acceptance ppl are supposed to hear back?
i know i didnt today (october 15)

what a ****in letdown.

I got an call from Dr Major Bradshaw on Friday night! Funny thing is, I was at a friend's party and missed his call. But he left a nice voicemail, telling me that my acceptance letter will be in the mail soon but he wanted to tell me that I've been accepted and that they want me to go there! Yay! :) I heart Baylor!!! :love:

riverie said:
I got an call from Dr Major Bradshaw on Friday night! Funny thing is, I was at a friend's party and missed his call. But he left a nice voicemail, telling me that my acceptance letter will be in the mail soon but he wanted to tell me that I've been accepted and that they want me to go there! Yay! :) I heart Baylor!!! :love:

congrats to you.
i think this is not a very good sign for the rest of us!

Members don't see this ad :)
riverie said:

yeah. congratulations.
you're one of the fortunate few.

riverie said:

Congratulations!
Are you a Texas resident or out of state? If you don't mind, can you post your stats?

take heart guys. it is still early in the process. i found out i was waitlisted at UMich that morning and was really sad all day until the call from Baylor at night. But that goes to show that these top schools give out their acceptances slowly and it doesn't mean that you won't get an acceptance from another school soon too! (And I am sure you will hear from Baylor in a bit also.) Getting in somewhere certainly takes the edge off things. Phew. Yes, latinfridley, I do feel very very fortunate at this moment. Good luck everyone!

so, we have one person on SDN who got accepted to Baylor or 10/15? that seems low, doesnt it?

anyone else have any news?

I talked to a person in the admissions office today and she said that they won't start notifying about acceptances until next week at the earliest.

:confused:

apar01 said:
I talked to a person in the admissions office today and she said that they won't start notifying about acceptances until next week at the earliest.

:confused:
that sucks, but thanks for the note.

IndyZX said:
so, we have one person on SDN who got accepted to Baylor or 10/15? that seems low, doesnt it?

anyone else have any news?

i seem to remember that baylor uses a cutoff, and if you are above the cutoff for the first acceptance period, then you get in; if you aren't, then you continue to the next month, when the bar may be lower, and so on until you get accepted or they've filled the class.

riverie said:
take heart guys. it is still early in the process. i found out i was waitlisted at UMich that morning and was really sad all day until the call from Baylor at night. But that goes to show that these top schools give out their acceptances slowly and it doesn't mean that you won't get an acceptance from another school soon too! (And I am sure you will hear from Baylor in a bit also.) Getting in somewhere certainly takes the edge off things. Phew. Yes, latinfridley, I do feel very very fortunate at this moment. Good luck everyone!

do ya have purdy high stats riverie (i.e >3.7, 35)? just tryin to confirm or disconfirm the 'cutoff' theory in the previous post?

latinfridley said:
do ya have purdy high stats riverie (i.e >3.7, 35)? just tryin to confirm or disconfirm the 'cutoff' theory in the previous post?

riverie has good stats, and i'm pretty sure she is a very good interviewee. you can take my word for that.

maybe crazyeyes can tell us about the cutoff theory? because i seem to remember meeting students who said that they were accepted in february after interviewing in september...

calstudent said:
riverie has good stats, and i'm pretty sure she is a very good interviewee. you can take my word for that.

k

although, a bunch of people i know got into baylor last year on the 15th of october...
i doubt that we are just a bad sample, since 1/2 of the folks get in after interview, unless this is just a really tough year (which it may be, with the increase in applications).
i just hope we don't have to wait another month to find out!

calstudent said:
congrats to you.
i think this is not a very good sign for the rest of us!
Many of the Baylor sdn'ers that interviewed early had to wait to get their acceptances. I waited 2 months after being interviewed on the first day. I think others waited even longer. Be patient, there is still a very real chance that you will get in!

ps- I got a letter and never a call! It happens.