Anyone get a rejection letter from Arizona lately?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lake Powell Lvr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The title speaks for itself. I just got one yesterday. Just wanted to see if anyone else is in my boat? It's a very sad and lonely boat!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to hear the bad news. I interviewed there Decemeber 7th, I haven't heard anything yet. Would you mind telling me when you interviewed there? Thanks and don't lose hope. All you need is one school to say yes.

Lake Powell Lvr said:
The title speaks for itself. I just got one yesterday. Just wanted to see if anyone else is in my boat? It's a very sad and lonely boat!
It's such a nice letter too isn't it? They don't wish you luck with your application at other schools or wish you luck in dentistry. They just wish you luck in your future career field. It's like they are saying - you all really suck and I hope you don't ever get into any dental school.

I'm still a little pissed off that they made me waste so much money to go down there just to be rejected within a week (see avatar).

Members don't see this ad :)
Lake Powell Lvr said:
I was wondering if anyone got the electronic greeting card from Arizona? I got one, but I couldn't view the card and the link was not there either. Just wanted to know if anyone one else had this? Thanks and merry christmas!

Hahaha I got mine the other day too. SHORT and SIMPLE. Hopefully it'll be the ONLY rejection letter. Maybe they thought we were just too good for them and they were afraid we'd end up rejecting them. :D

If you were rejected by ASDOH when was your interview? Thanks

utahdent123 said:
If you were rejected by ASDOH when was your interview? Thanks

I never had an interview. Their letter said 'we're not going to invite you for an interview'. Yes, it was short and simple. Two REALLY short paragraphs.

Although I'm bummed, I guess it's okay because I've interviewed with some other schools. Hopefully someone will take me...

My stats:
Cum gpa: 3.4
Science gpa: 3.3
DAT: 17
Applied: Louisville, Temple, Marquette, Dalhousie, Nova, VCU, Kentucky, UNLV, Arizona, Maryland, Case, Pitt
Interviews: Louisville, Temple, Marquette, Dalhousie
Accepted: none yet
Rejected: Arizona, Kentucky

I got their season greeting card. I interviewed there Dec. 14th and I guess still under consideration since I have not heard anything.

Got back from a business trip to find Arizona's rejection letter waiting in ambush. Never interviewed. Secondary app dated 12/1/05.

I'm in the same boat. Got a rejection w/o an interview. At least I didn't waste the money on the trip down there.

DiDDyDeNt said:
I was wondering if anyone got the electronic greeting card from Arizona? I got one, but I couldn't view the card and the link was not there either. Just wanted to know if anyone one else had this? Thanks and merry christmas!

I got this email, display it with HTM to experience its lameness.

I didn't get a rejection letter but when I looked at my AADSAS application, it is marked "Received/Application Denied".

I guess that about sums it up.

Still waiting for the official, "You Suck" letter.

:( :( :( :( :(

I also got a sad, short and depressing rejection letter in mail. Do you guys think it is a good idea to call them and ask why? :idea:

I think it is reasonable to call and ask why. They will probably tell you how you could strengthen your application. Maybe you lack something you have never thought of. Also if you reapply next year you will have found out whether you should even apply there again. Good luck