Anyone get accepted to Stony Brook recently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alfie5884

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Arghh!!!

The wait is killing me :scared: Anyone else in the same boat? I wish they would just let me know even if it's a rejection :(

I was interviewed on 1/12 if anyone wants to know.

Jen

Members don't see this ad.

nope, haven't heard anything yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still waiting to hear from Stony Brook. I interviewed in October, and still haven't heard anything. It was my 1st choice, but I got accepted elsewhere, and am going to Ohio State.

I'm in the same boat as OSUGirl...I interviewed in November but haven't heard anything yet.

I still don't see the point in accepting the people who want to go there last. It seems like a stupid system if they won't have seats for the people who seriously want to go there. :rolleyes:

Interviewed September and nothing yet...

fightingspirit said:
yeah.....

it seems that stony is a crap shoot.....

alfie, your DAT is a bit low for Stony. also, you may wanna remind yourself that there are students with higher stats than yours who are not even gonna hear back from stony anytime before march. what i am tryin to say is that if i were you, i'd start considering NYU and Pitt very seriously. compare both and see where you'd fit more. do not keep your expectations high with regards to stony. Also, keep in mind that if you told stony that they are your top choice, then you kinda dug your own grave. stony considers its most interested applicants the last because it knows that those would accept its offer no matter how late it is made. in other words, the most interested applicants are taken for granted and thrown to the back of the pile. those who get considered first are the ones with super stats or super connections. also, after the first acceptance batch for the pre december interviewees goes out, not more than 10 slots remain. from december first to the end of february, about 100 people interview. which means that the chance of gettin in is 1 in 10. so 9 applicants have to be rejected so that you can get accepted. and that's where your DAT would hurt you. the wait list is really short. and to make it to the waitlist, you do need at least a 20 AA. anyway, my intention is to shed some light and give you a more realistic picture of what you're up against.

good luck

I'm not naive fightingspirit and I know my DAT is low compared to other SB applicants. I'm just hoping that a miracle would occur and they'd accept me- even if it's a long shot.

I already sent in my deposit for NYU and I would be happy to go there :)

I just got in the other day, but it took them about a month and a half to let me know. Good luck to all of you, I am sure there'll be spots for everyone (I'm not holding mine).

VClovesteeth05 said:
I just got in the other day, but it took them about a month and a half to let me know. Good luck to all of you, I am sure there'll be spots for everyone (I'm not holding mine).

Congrats VClovesteeth05!! :) If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats, when did you interview, and who interviewed you? If you're not holding your spot, which school are you going to attend?

Jen

alfie5884 said:
I'm not naive fightingspirit and I know my DAT is low compared to other SB applicants. I'm just hoping that a miracle would occur and they'd accept me- even if it's a long shot.

I already sent in my deposit for NYU and I would be happy to go there :)

I dont know what you got on your DATs, but I wanted to mentione that NOT everyone in my class had stellar DAT scores. There seems to be more to their selections criteria than just scores.

Also, for those still waiting to hear. SB is very slow and they pretty much cherry pick the class. There are a few in my class who werent accepted until like June or July. Hang in there. Don't let other opportunities pass you by.

good luck to you all.

RockinDDS
SDM 2009

RockinDDS said:
I dont know what you got on your DATs, but I wanted to mentione that NOT everyone in my class had stellar DAT scores. There seems to be more to their selections criteria than just scores.

Also, for those still waiting to hear. SB is very slow and they pretty much cherry pick the class. There are a few in my class who werent accepted until like June or July. Hang in there. Don't let other opportunities pass you by.

good luck to you all.

RockinDDS
SDM 2009

Thanks! I'm stilling hanging in there :D

Jen