Anyone get an NYU email today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vhawk

2K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an email from them today, basically stating that all final decisions will be mailed out on Feb. 15th, and to please not bother calling them. Thing is, I havent interviewed there or anything. So do you suppose final decisions means decisions about whether or not to interview, or FINAL decisions? If its the latter, I can pretty much assume I am done for, but oh well.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, so I seriously looked for a post about this before I made one, and couldnt find it. Sure enough, as soon as I posted it one came up. Mods, please close, and I apologize.

vhawk01 said:
I received an email from them today, basically stating that all final decisions will be mailed out on Feb. 15th, and to please not bother calling them. Thing is, I havent interviewed there or anything. So do you suppose final decisions means decisions about whether or not to interview, or FINAL decisions? If its the latter, I can pretty much assume I am done for, but oh well.

I got rejected from there PRE-SECONDARY and I got the same email. They probably sent it to everyone on their mailing list (ie everyone who applied through AMCAS).

Members don't see this ad :)
i didnt get one? so it wasnt to everyone that applied through amcas....i was previously accepted though so maybe it was just to people who havent had any action on their applications (makes the most sense)

I got their secondary and am waiting for my rejection from them, but I did not get this email. I doubt that means anything...maybe they will send out N-Z tomorrow.

wyzeguy said:
I got rejected from there PRE-SECONDARY and I got the same email. They probably sent it to everyone on their mailing list (ie everyone who applied through AMCAS).

Ditto with me. Found it somewhat amusing. Thanks for the update NYU.

i didn't get it. i got the secondary and have been watiting for any correspondence ever since. looks pretty dim.

vhawk01 said:

I had called NYU Admissions Office the week before they sent the email, and they told me no more interview invites were likely, so the Feb. 15th mailing is a final decision (i.e., acceptance or rejection or waitlist). For those, like me, who have not gotten an interview, I guess we can safely assume that our letter will be a rejection. Stinks, doesn't it? :(