1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

ANyone get an Unexpected low verbal in April and now scard of Aug scores??

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Dr. Wall$treet, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Dr. Wall$treet

Dr. Wall$treet Membership Revoked
    Removed

Hey, i took april mcat and scored a 6V 11B 11P- Q, anyway i was shocked and my premd advisor said alot of people had these odd low scores. Well anyone take it again in august and scared? I again took many pracites the second time and scored 9s 10s and 11s so im scared to loook and see another 6. ahhhh im hoping not oh well what cna ya do

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003] Platinum Member
    7+ Year Member

I am really scared of my August scores.

4. isidella

7+ Year Member

Hey, I feel ya. In April, I had a very, VERY bad verbal score, but did fantastic on PS and BS. I had a rescore, no help there. I retook in August and I feel like I nailed it. If you were scoring 9VR on the practice tests, then you probably did about the same on the real thing.

But I know your fear, that fear of getting scores and finding that MCAT had to change thier scale to include negative numbers to score your VR section. Here is my plan though: Three shots of vodka in front of me. I will have a non-pre-med friend look at my scores first. She will recite each one slowly and I can decide if I want to take a shot or not.

Whats your plan, guys?

5. limit

limit Molesting my inner-child
    10+ Year Member

You bring up a good point. I am especially scared of my MCAT scores because I am retaker. I didn't study for the April one, and took it more or less cold. Nonetheless, I was confident that I'd score really well. I didn't, and at the time I hit a low because I thought that such a low score was the best I could do.

This time around I prepared hardcore, which makes it all the more frightening because there's no way I'd want to go through all that crap again. Retaking it once is quite common, so many brace themselves for the worst when receiving the first score, but the second time you are pretty much expected to do great, and the concept of not living upto that is almost impossible to bare.

6. drake.ramoray

drake.ramoray Member
    7+ Year Member

Will you be shooting the shots out of misery or jubilation (or both)?

7. Dr. Wall$treet

Dr. Wall$treet Membership Revoked
    Removed

Hey, i think you have it slightly off, 3 shots.. um ok sure during hte actual process of doign scores but theres gonna be some mayham of drinking before hand to the point, regardless of time of day that i will then venture to the computer, and those 3 shots will either be enough to put me down for the count.. or well still put me down for the count with a smile on my face and pleasent dreams. either way alochol is the only way to do it.
    Ha, Ramoray chimes in on the alcoholic post.. i posted to you on the other board bout using the same name as you.. and now on the alchoolic post.. and i see your a canuck? where from, me too. Im from edmonton but live in USA now with a green card. Oh my name. im a Finance major.. so wallstreet.. um my first choice was taken ramoray!

8. barakutha

barakutha Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I got a 7 in VR when I took it in april. I took it again only to improve that score. I hear ya about those shots being lined up. They're there for me for both, jubilation and lamentation. hehe.. damn why isnt it october 3rd yet?

9. Toejam

Toejam Terminal Student
    7+ Year Member

I was, and still am, shocked at the 6 I got on April's verbal section. I felt VERY confident about verbal after I took the April exam. I was fully expecting at least a 9 if not a 10 or 11. I also got an "S" on the written. Go figure. It forced me to retake it in August. What really sucks is that I felt even MORE confident after August's exam!! Oh, no!!!!!!!!!!