Anyone get away with putting paramedic courses on BCPM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ben1764

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It doesn't look like it falls neatly into biology but my course was very heavy in the anatomy and physiology so I don't feel like I'm cheating the system too much by including it.

Has anyone tried putting it under their BCPM and had success?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I have 2 friends who did this and AMCAS didn't flag it.

It doesn't look like it falls neatly into biology but my course was very heavy in the anatomy and physiology so I don't feel like I'm cheating the system too much by including it.

Has anyone tried putting it under their BCPM and had success?

Thanks.

They did not include mine in the BCPM.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't recall how mine was counted and my old application that I saved doesn't say anything about how it was counted.

It does say it's counted as HEAL, which I doubt is a BCPM

hey, I've been trying to find a consenus on this question myself. I did my paramedic classes at a community college, are we able to include these grades in the application even though they did not transfer to my four year university?

hey, I've been trying to find a consenus on this question myself. I did my paramedic classes at a community college, are we able to include these grades in the application even though they did not transfer to my four year university?

you have to include ALL grades earned at any college at any time....so yes...my guess is unless they are Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or Math they will not count for BCPM

you have to include ALL grades earned at any college at any time....so yes...my guess is unless they are Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or Math they will not count for BCPM

Well, medic school is a little bit of all of those things -- mosty the applied variety.

:thumbup:

Well, medic school is a little bit of all of those things -- mosty the applied variety.

So is engineering but there is a separate section for that. My medic classes were classified as "HEAL" and "BESS"on AMCAS, depending on the course content. I think an attempt to list these courses at BCPM would look pretty obvious as to what you're doing.

So is engineering but there is a separate section for that. My medic classes were classified as "HEAL" and "BESS"on AMCAS, depending on the course content. I think an attempt to list these courses at BCPM would look pretty obvious as to what you're doing.

I took my medic classes at a vocational school, so there was no college credit. Good thing, too. I was a B+ medic at best.

My medic classes were classified as "HEAL" and "BESS"on AMCAS, depending on the course content. I think an attempt to list these courses at BCPM would look pretty obvious as to what you're doing.

same here