1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Anyone get into U of Minnesota Pharm School?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by chitown23, Apr 28, 2004.

1. chitown23

chitown23 Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Guys,
    Anyone else get accepted to U of Minnesota Pham Program? If so which location, and are you planning to go there. I got in, but the Duluth insitution. I may try to call them and see if anyone drops Twin Cities, if i could take there place, and then i might consider going to Minn. From what i know, Duluth is totally different from what Minneapolis/St. Paul area is. Well let me know..thanks :idea:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. spacecowgirl

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I didn't apply there, but I am from MN (I only moved to SC a year ago) and can answer questions about either city. Yes they are completely different. The Twin Cities are like your typical big cities and the campus is right in the city (which makes parking a pain), but there is a ton to do - lots of nightlife, lots of recreation - parks, lakes, etc. Duluth is a small city, I think around 80,000 people. It is COLD in the winter but is an absolutely gorgeous place to be. It's a fun town with a strong local music scene, some good restaurants, and again TONS to do in terms of recreation. Within a few hours' drive are some of the most gorgeous places I have ever seen. There is good skiing, golfing, hiking, canoeing - all the outdoorsy stuff you could want. The Duluth harbor and Lake Superior are breath-taking.

I know that didn't help so much with the pharmacy school aspect, but if I can help you in any other way, let me know. I can tell you that Minn/St. Paul is quite spendy as far as living expenses and Duluth would be cheaper, but coming from Chicago, they probably both look like bargains.

Congrats on your acceptance! :thumbup:

4. Glycerin

Glycerin Commercially Unavailable
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist

Wow! What a change in scenery! ;)

5. spacecowgirl

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    got that right! A change in scenery, climate, political climate (!), dialect :laugh: - pretty much everything. My DH is from here though so I at least had some idea of what I was getting into :D

6. DaveyDoo

DaveyDoo DaveyDoo
    7+ Year Member

For those who got into MINNESOTA...Congratulations!!! What were your stats, if you don't mind??? :) :D Thanks!!! :)

7. pharmd-08

pharmd-08 Member
    7+ Year Member

chitown23 : Congratulations on your acceptance! :thumbup:
    Have you contacted them about changing campus preference?
    In my letter I read that it is impossible to change your campus preference now. But you might be able to if you are persistant, I know a guy who fought hard last year to get transferred from Duluth and they allowed him to move to Twin Cities.
    I think Duluth is a really nice town, except that it's colder than Minneapolis.