Anyone get news from georgetown this week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cracker69

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
as the title says. apparently the letters are in the mail

Members don't see this ad.

aaaah. nope. not yet. i'm thinking it will arrive either today or tomorrow.
when did you interview? i interviewed 1/31.

i interviewed the 29th. they said its on the way, i'm expecting it fri or sat. good luck. or maybe not since you are my direct opposition in the way g'town does their selection. :) just kidding.

let me know how it goes.

Members don't see this ad :)
good luck to you too! it seems like they waitlist a lot of people, so i guess that's what i'm expecting :(.

*crossing fingers that lola will receive news of goodness*

thanks, manicmaven! i guess you're off those tulane and gtown waitlists now. woo hooo!! :clap:

For those curious, i called Gtown today and talked to Eugene Ford, the director of admissions. He said Georgetown has stopped interviewing now and will be accepting people off the 'highly select list' so if you guys are waiting then you should start seeing some movement really soon! Best of luck!

Is anyone planning on withdrawing their acceptance to Georgetown anytime soon??

bump, anyone?? and what did it look like??

69 <----- waiting the mail today or tomorrow.

ARGH!! you got me all excited :).
i'm still waiting waiting waiting. i guess it could take a while if they send it to my parents' house rather than mine.

alright west coasters check your mail today (lola).. i just got my "highly select" letter today... i guess i won't be going to gt...

Don't worry Kiping, there's still hope...i'm on the 'highly select' list too...i just wish they didn't put everyone on that list after interviews that don't get an outright acceptance...

kiping :( sorry to hear that. but hey, there are other schools beating down your door so you won't need gtown anyway! i'm still singing my uc chant for you!

i almost thought about posting that i got in as a joke, but then i decided it wasn't funny ;). alas... still waiting. my parents live kind of in the boonies, so hopefully it'll get to them tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
dammit my mail must be slow. envelope didnt come saturday. guess it'll come monday. anyone else??

where are you cracker?

in nebraska. i dont know what the deal is. i'm crossing my fingers that its because bigger envelopes travel slower. Which is true in reality. :)

i'm having massive anxiety waiting for the mail today -- ugh! did you hear anything cracker?

nothing yet lola, mail should be here in about 3 hours or so. i am anxiously awaiting. But i have more important things to do today so its off my mind. :)

damn, still didnt come. guess it'll come tuesday. anyone else hear anything?

oh my god!! you're kidding me?!

i'm still waiting here. didn't come to my house. waiting to see if it came to my parents.

Hey Lola, we don't get mail today in San Fran do we? Isn't it Cesar Chavez holiday?

surfdevl,
we DO get the mail today! cesar chavez day isn't a federal holiday, so the mail still comes. i looked it up online this morning just to make sure :)

Thanks Lola...guess my mailman just decided to take the day off...Best of luck to you though, i'm pulling for you. Hope you get that phat envelope today!

hmph! no mail. why don't they love me? :(
i don't understand why it is taking so long... i think i'll call tomorrow and bug them to make sure they actually sent it last week.

bump. anyone with news?

i got info on financial aid but no acceptance/highly select/rejection. what the heck??? does everyone get fa info? i'd assume they don't give it to people who got rejections, right? i already know that you get it if you are highly select. if you are accepted do you get it as a separate mailing or do you get it with your acceptance package?

oh that is just plain mean- knowing that you are expecting something from them and all you get is their hellish fa package... shame in them... to answer- i got fa package and you know i am highly select

ha ha, kiping. we were typing to each other at the same time again ;).
yes, i do find it quite cruel. i wonder when they sent the fa mailing. hmm... i don't think it's supposed to happen this way :mad: !

that is a bunch of crap, but at least u got something from them. i'm still without anything. going on 7 days to deliver the mail from DC to nebraska. thats pathetic. My roomie decided that they are sending it via the pony express. I'm expecting it in about a month.

Originally posted by cracker69
that is a bunch of crap, but at least u got something from them. i'm still without anything. going on 7 days to deliver the mail from DC to nebraska. thats pathetic. My roomie decided that they are sending it via the pony express. I'm expecting it in about a month.

Good luck today, Crackah. Lemme know how it goes!!;)

the decision was made on my file on March 21st. thats a long time ago, and still nothign in the mail. this is kinda getting ridiculous. guess we'll wait till thursday.

no letter yet?!!
that sucks. i can't believe it's taking sooooo long. hopefully mine will be there today. i've had so much anxiety over this all week :(. i called them yesterday and they mailed it "early last week".

Originally posted by lola
no letter yet?!!
that sucks. i can't believe it's taking sooooo long. hopefully mine will be there today. i've had so much anxiety over this all week :(. i called them yesterday and they mailed it "early last week".

Yeah. There admissions department sucks, don't they ;) Seriously though, I'm pulling for you Lola.

thanks, jalby! :)
this is pretty funny... no mail today, and i talked to gtown & they definitely mailed it to my parents'. so... my bro has been driving across town to check it all week b/c they are out of town. now my bro is going out of town, so the mail can't be checked until monday :(. guess i will wait til then :laugh:.

**crossing fingers for lola**

finally got the letter, 15 days after the decision was made. Pissed me off they are so slow, and it didnt help that it was a small envelope. Looks like i'm not going to DC.

sorry cracker- i was really pulling for you- especially with the belief that your letter was taking so long because it was big...
so did you get the highly select pool?

after all that build-up... i too got the highly select letter. better than rejection i suppose :(.

I wonder if anyone gets rejected post-interview???

i did a search on here and someone said they got rejected. there was a whole thread about it somewhere...
i'm not sure how many get rejected, though. i'm sick of this crap.