Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Anyone Get off Hold at Case recently?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by desout777, Mar 13, 2007.

1. desout777

desout777 New Member
    5+ Year Member

Has anyone gotten off hold at Case recently? Their last round of interviews was 3/6 and I heard that they would be re-reviewing people on hold after that.

2. Corndog67

Corndog67 Second Job=Garden Gnome
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    This is the info that I've gathered from talking to the admissions office and from reading other's posts, so take it for what it's worth. Case fills their class as they go through the admissions process, and by the end, they have accepted a full class. The trick is, they do not over-enroll like most schools, so as people take acceptances elsewhere (which may not happen until the multiple acceptance drop deadline), Case will start filling the spots with those in the hold category. I hope this helps. Believe me, I want to get in as badly as you probably do, and there is still some hope.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nbp.medlaw

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    at least as of today...post-interview hold at Case does NOT = waitlist (right?)

4. dude1344

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I assume so. I remember them saying they'll send us a letter notifying us whether we're placed on the waitlist or not considered anymore.

btw, i remember you from the interview day.

5. OP
    OP
    desout777

desout777 New Member
    5+ Year Member

i heard case had a committee meeting yesterday... any news yet?

6. Corndog67

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Decisions usually aren't found out until later in the week. This is probably going to take awhile so don't get yourself too worked up every other monday. I'm not really one to talk seeing as how I scan all case threads every day =)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. medanthjoint

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I got the call from Dr. Mehta today and my status page was updated with the first year contact list and guide to moving to Cleveland!! I'm so happy!

8. mfrenkie

mfrenkie Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Congratulations!

Hopefully the rest of us will hear something soon

9. dude1344

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    congrats. Were you accepted to the MD or MD/PHD? It says mdphd hopeful on your avatar which is why I'm asking.

10. Corndog67

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Congratulations. Were you accepted off the hold list or did you just have your interview?

11. medanthjoint

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I was accepted to the PhD program in Anthropology in February, so yes, now I am officially MD/PhD! I really didn't think I'd pull it off (I have acceptances at other schools in one or the other, but not both) and Case has been one of my top choices from the beginning, so I'm super excited.
    I was at the very last interview session (3/6), so I suppose my posting here is not totally appropriate, but I was on pre-interview hold for MONTHS. However, Christian did say at the interview that they are continually reviewing the hold list as they consider recent interviews, so I'd bet that post-interview hold people will get status updates later in the week. He told our group to expect a status update by 3/23. Since March is winding down and Case is an AMCAS school, I think they now have to notify of some kind of status other than "hold."

Anyway, thanks! Best of luck to everyone!

12. nbp.medlaw

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    glad to get reacquainted w/ yet another person i met on the interview trail.

dude, read some of your older posts - sorry to hear about the string of waitlists (i was stranded on Vandy's myself when i first applied for 2005 matric), but w/ so many of them, and all of them top places, i'm sure you'll get off one and be ecstatic to attend!

for those still in the post-interview holding pattern, here's to hoping we get SOME word from Case this week - or by April!

13. dude1344

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    anyone on post-int hold hear anything from them? Any additional info from Christian or anything?

14. mfrenkie

mfrenkie Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I haven't heard anything, but there was another thread where someone said that they were not going to accept anyone else until after May 1st