Anyone get the AMA card to donate $$ for their PAC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SleepIsGood

Support the ASA !
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's funny. Just checked my mail.

I got a card saying how Congress has essentially betrayed physicians and that I should donate to the AMA PAC.

I was like seriously? THESE AMA people are exactly who let me down by selling out.

The AMA now complains about the SGR formula,etc. I wonder, what were they thinking when they stood there endorsing Obamacare....

Members don't see this ad.

Those guys are constantly sending me notices. They're more persistent than, and about as deceptive as, credit card companies.

FINAL NOTICE! Membership renewal enclosed!

Dues Statement Enclosed! Open Immediately!

I've never given to their PAC and most likely never will. Yet they do their best to make their money requests look like bills - and late, overdue bills at that. They deliberately blur the distinction between AMA membership and the AMA PAC ... then there's AMA life insurance, AMA "practice insurance" whatever the hell that is, the list goes on and on.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them start installing kiosks at hospital food courts, staffed by some grinning huckster.

I am thoroughly disgusted with the AMA, everything they do, and most especially how they do it. Screw 'em.

I'm not and won't likely ever be a member of the AMA. I did, however, just get my ASA-PAC lapel pin in the mail the other day.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not and won't likely ever be a member of the AMA. I did, however, just get my ASA-PAC lapel pin in the mail the other day.

I'm still waiting for mine.

Yeah, I got the AMA PAC request too. Was gonna run it by you guys, but it seems clear that the AMA doesn't really represent our profession.

cf

I'm still waiting for mine.

Yeah, I got the AMA PAC request too. Was gonna run it by you guys, but it seems clear that the AMA doesn't really represent our profession.

cf

Not only do they not represent us, they act in direct opposition to our best interests. If they had a candidate for AMA president who pleged to dissolve the AMA, I'd join the AMA and vote for him. At the very least they should be renamed the American Primary Care Association.

Last edited: