anyone get the DROSOPHOLIA one?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PeruvianDoctor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The one about the X chromosome?? WTF was that about?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mean the that about eye color? vg and vg+? After having a hard time with PS and VR, I was wise enough to do it last. It made sense to me, there probably wasn't any need to skip it. However, it was thinky.

I had that passage too...I found it quite difficult to understand...anyone know the answer for the question of which genes were x-linked?

byam52 said:
I had that passage too...I found it quite difficult to understand...anyone know the answer for the question of which genes were x-linked?
yes, vg and vg+ were x-linked.

Members don't see this ad :)
vg and vg+? thank god. so that's one down, 76 to go.....

bigdan said:
How do we know that they're X-linked?

dc

it was stated in the passage that X-linked genes are usually expressed in the males since the Y chromosome has few genes. On the table only the vg and vg+ alleles were expressed in males and females so it was my guess--i couldn't really justify it, but that was where my reasoning led me.

I didn't have this passage but if they gave you data you could tell if they were linked by looking at whether or not there was deviation from typical mendelian ratios.

the other answers were two different genes, ie vg+ and v+ or something. only vg and vg+ were the same allele...