Anyone get this email today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tony2009

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an email yesterday or today that went to my hotmail junk mail folder with the title "Interested in medical school?". It also had a big attachment with it. My hotmail account screwed up and deleted it before I could read it, so I was just curious if it was spam or something important. The return address was ADMISSIONS@...? not sure the rest, it was a four letter abreviation I think. Anyone else get this and open it?

Members don't see this ad.

Tony2009 said:
I got an email yesterday or today that went to my hotmail junk mail folder with the title "Interested in medical school?". It also had a big attachment with it. My hotmail account screwed up and deleted it before I could read it, so I was just curious if it was spam or something important. The return address was ADMISSIONS@...? not sure the rest, it was a four letter abreviation I think. Anyone else get this and open it?

I did...it is from kirksville -- a DO school

Spam.

I got the same one. It was from Kirksville asking us to consider applying to Osteo schools, including theirs. Nothing important :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the same e-mail. Nothing important, unless your interested in going to a DO school.

Worse still, whoever sent it has never heard of "Bcc", so now about three hundred random knuckleheads have your email address.

Yep, that was a mistake. Never a good idea to give out people's email addresses like that. Privacy violation. Techinically, I suppose we could get a large class action law suit and complain if we start getting spam as a result, right? :p I guess that might not be wise :idea: . Anyway, I think they got those emails from people who have requested information. It says something about listing friends who may also be interested in their school on the "information" website.

I guess I didn't miss anything. Thanks for letting me know so I don't obsess over missing important info.

I rec'd that email and I did NOT request it. Furthermore, it went to an account which is NOT associated with my application process.

Spam. :thumbdown:

yeah I got that email too but my email had nothing in it. It was just blank

I feel like sending that email (particularly without bcc) was a really bad move on their part, and for the reputation of DO schools. What school has to cold call applicants and beg them to apply? I wonder if what the AOA thinks of that? :thumbdown:

Yeah, it was blank for me, too.

yes it was blank for me too...hit the delete button.

since I submitted amcas I have recieved tons of emails titled "your application" and similar titles. I wonder who sold my email address...

On behalf of KCOM, I would like to apologize for the error that occurred in an electronic mailing a portion of you may have received. The situation has now been rectified. We appreciated your comments and feedback about this situation as soon as it occurred. All the best with your medical school applications!

Sincerely,

Brad Risby
Admissions Counselor

wrisby said:
On behalf of KCOM, I would like to apologize for the error that occurred in an electronic mailing a portion of you may have received. The situation has now been rectified. We appreciated your comments and feedback about this situation as soon as it occurred. All the best with your medical school applications!

Sincerely,

Brad Risby
Admissions Counselor
Thank you, Brad. :thumbup: