Anyone giving up their spot at CCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tjmDO

Vascular Surgery Fellow
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please help, #23 on the alternate list, looking for hope!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I applaud your spirit and keeping hope.

Unfortunately, classes for most schools start in 2 weeks.

Have you been accepted elsewhere?

Best of luck with everything.

Thanks JP
I have been accepted at AZCOM, but CCOM is my first choice. I am happy, but would like to be in Chi-town.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't give up. The first day of classes at CCOM is in the first week of September. Orientation is the last week of August. Some people drop during orientation. Do not give up, even those of you who have not been accepted anywhere else.

Dagny, do you think I could get into CCOM in the next two weeks? By the way I had a pm conversation with you earlier this year after I was placed on the alternate list. Thanks for all of the help. I have done about everything I can think of to get in at CCOM. I have been accepted at AZCOM. Thanks

I remember talking to you earlier in the year! I would love to see you get accepted to CCOM.

First, I have no special knowledge about this year because I am not on the admission's committee. Nevertheless, I know how you and others on the waitlist feel, and what happened last year. I would let CCOM admissions know that CCOM is your absolute first choice, and you would drop AZCOM in a second if you were admitted, even if classes already started. That way, if anyone accepted does get off the waitlist somewhere else, or finds something out during orientation week that prevents them from coming to CCOM, admissions remembers you. No school wants to have a small class.

There were 2 people that took photographs with our class last year during orientation, yet had to drop because of personal reasons. I don't want to guarantee your admission, but I want you to hold on to your hope. Stranger things have happened. I hope to see you at CCOM. If not, AZCOM is another good choice. Congratulations! You are on your way to becoming a doctor!