Anyone go to St. George's Univ..and have hard time getting residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlsrn

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
;)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure what answer you are looking for (especially given the winking graemlin you have on the message). The obvious answer is "YES" - the VERY SAME answer you would get if you substituted Hopkins, Harvard, etc. in your question for St. George's. Every school has someone, sometime who has had trouble getting a residency - I personally know people who've graduated from UCs and Northwestern who have had to scramble (and in primary care fields) - its all about appropriate, smart application procedures.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

Thanks for the reply...there winkin graemlin meant nothing...I just happened to pick that face. Thanks for your opinion. It is appreciated.

Sure - thought perhaps the winking graemlin was a snide comment on your part. My apologies. At any rate, there will always be people who are unsuccessful at matching, regardless of the school (and even people with good grades and USMLE scores are not guaranteed anything), just as there will always be people from schools considered less desirable who obtain fairly competitive residencies.

If you are considering attending SGU for medical school, your job is to do the best you can there and to be realistic when applying for residency. Will you get a Neurosurg position at Hopkins? Probably not. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try and apply if you have the application to back it up. Just don't put all your eggs in the same basket my friend.