Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Anyone Go To The University of Texas-Austin

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Omidjoon, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Omidjoon

Omidjoon Member
    5+ Year Member

I have to take O-chem and genetics next semester, any suggestions on which professors to take? I just transferred here so I have no clue...(and i dont trust Pick a Prof)

help is much appreciated
    thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. potato51

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Best O-Chem course you can take is from Dr. Brent Iverson, if that's possible. Can't think of one person who didn't like him. I didn't have him, I had Dr. Martin who was pretty good himself.

For genetics, I had Dr. Janice Fischer... very cool lady. Of course, this was all 6-7 years ago so who knows if these people are still around, or if they're even teaching anything the upcoming semester.

4. TX515

TX515 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Dr. Finklea's class if it is offered, very nice lady as well.

#3 TX515, Nov 30, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  5. potato51

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Didn't know her personally, but I did have her for Genetics almost seven years ago. She made it fairly easy by giving us handouts with all the notes on them for every lecture. Think she did her PhD at Harvard.

6. prettygirl1908

prettygirl1908 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

genetics-take dr. finklea- she is an awesome professor and although her class was difficult i learned a whole lot :)

organic- dr. iverson- the best organic prof in the world. he made organic seem simple and he is very very helpful to premed students