Anyone going from a Major to less than a Mid-Major?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

autobot

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this prob doesnt play any role for students considering med schools, but anyone else there kinda down/bummed knowing they are going to a D-III athletics med school after coming from a Major conference, Big Ten, Big 12, ACC etc. I guess there wont be much time to go to games or watch them but still, it was a fun part of school.

I went to Illinois for undergrad (Big Ten) and enjoyed the great basketball/football games on campus, and Im pretty sure im going to CCLCM at Case western. Not much athletics there....

Members don't see this ad.

hmm...during my time here...i dont think ive ever seen this question being asked....

if i get into ucla...that wont be a problem for me...BUT if i end up at davis...i know ill miss watching the sporting events...although the lack of watching sports will lead me to actively participating more myself at the school. so in the end...i think ill still enjoy myself...and i always have my undergrad school to follow in the tourney and football so im not gonna be missing much.

At least, you're upgrading in size of city. I'm going from a DIII in a large city to U of Iowa, DI but small town......

Members don't see this ad :)
I donnoe, there can be some serious problems switching from one D-I to another (ie, I don't think all my green t-shirts will be well received should I show up in Ann Arbor in August) :)

i went from a less than mid major to major for my MPH, it was awesome! JHU had no D1 sports except for lacrosse which I never really liked anyway. Then i went to cal. After two years at Cal I cant imagine how I ever went to a non Major conference school! All the school pride.. and watching those games.. i loved it. I finally understand why students that go to DI schools have so much school pride (and why people have no school pride at Hopkins).

Best memory: Kicking stanfurds ass in the Big Game and winning back the Axe. GO BEARS!!!

Yeah, ill miss going to a Major school, if i dont go to one that is. *sigh*

Originally posted by exmike

Best memory: Kicking stanfurds ass in the Big Game and winning back the Axe. GO BEARS!!!

Yeah, ill miss going to a Major school, if i dont go to one that is.
*sigh*

go bears!!

we got a very good recruting class for football this year which will only help our move into the top 25...

damn that cal vatech insight bowl was one of the best ive ever seen....