1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Anyone going into junior year and already thinking about spring 09 test?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by cbrons, May 26, 2008.

1. cbrons

cbrons Ratatoskr! *Roar*
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    If so, what is your strategy? I have 3 labs this semester, plus upper division psychology courses, work at a pharmacy, EC-involvement like student government, a girlfriend, and I'm moving into a house with 4 other dudes who don't know di** about what it takes to get into professional school. I also have 13 hours of summer school starting in about a week, I need to raise my GPA a good .3, do more shadowing, find and start doing research for my honors thesis (Thank the Lord I can wait to officially start the damn thing my senior year), and maintain a somewhat regular workout schedule to release the inevitable tension I will gain this year. But it'll be a defining year for me, no doubt... Anyone else in a similar situation?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cbrons

cbrons Ratatoskr! *Roar*
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
  4. UmichMike

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey, I would say to check out the Examkrackers complete study guide and Audio Osmosis. I'm using the two together this summer to kick off the studying for the April 2009 MCAT and it's going well so far.

5. cbrons

cbrons Ratatoskr! *Roar*
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    cool, i was planning on getting it this week - dont know if ill get the audio course. maybe.. but its a lot of money and i heard the jokes are lame. But it would be something to just have playing the background while i workout or something

6. Thornwalker

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Welcome to the hell that is Junior year haha. I just finished it and am taking the MCAT in 4 days. Junior year makes or breaks you but trust me, if you have the dedication and stay focused on your goals you'll be okay (i'm not saying that's necessarily easy)

:thumbup:

7. cbrons

cbrons Ratatoskr! *Roar*
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student

:scared:

8. Sir Buckethead

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    wow, thats a lot of months to study for the MCAT. I was gonna start reviewing all the material over the summer, then hit the full-length test grind starting about september and take it in early 09.

9. cbrons

cbrons Ratatoskr! *Roar*
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    well I wanna do a little at a time and just researching topics from each section will also help me get through the classes this upcoming semester.

10. Sinfest

Sinfest Slick
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Kinda...I'm going into my senior year and I'm "already" thinking about the spring 09 test :scared:

11. russellfx

7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    my plan is to study throughout the summer and if I feel ready take the MCAT in september (im alrdy registered).

#10 russellfx, May 29, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2009