Anyone going to Creighton next year??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mck918

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got into Creighton and wanted to know who else is heading to omaha!

Members don't see this ad.

im already here as an undergrad and I'll be goin next fall. if you have any questions bout Omaha, I'll be happy to help you out

I got an acceptance e-mail and letter and will most probably be going there! So I hope I'll see u, my future classmates ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an acceptance e-mail and letter and will most probably be going there! So I hope I'll see u, my future classmates ;)

Omaha's nice...wearing a tie to school everyday, not so much :laugh:

Although you will get grief from Nebraskans, I would look into moving just across the border in Council Bluffs...cheaper taxes and the commute would be cake.

Do you mind me asking all of you your stats?

I got in too!! I'll most likely be there next fall! Congrats everyone on getting in :)

I also got into Creighton. I'm trying to decide between that and UIC. Any suggestions?

I'll be there!!!! Can't wait!

Omaha's nice...wearing a tie to school everyday, not so much :laugh:

Although you will get grief from Nebraskans, I would look into moving just across the border in Council Bluffs...cheaper taxes and the commute would be cake.

Really? That is the dress code for everyone?

I'll be attending Creighton in the fall as well! The school hasn't really sent me any information though. What do you have to wear as a girl?

I'll be attending Creighton in the fall as well! The school hasn't really sent me any information though. What do you have to wear as a girl?

when i went for my creighton interview, they said the girls had to dress up as well - dress pants, collared shirt, etc. (NO scrubs) that sorta turned me off lol. but besides that, creighton is an all around great school.

That sucks. I was really looking forward to the scrubs. Thanks...

it's like one big family...first year's go 8-5 five days a week in the same room for the entire year

Members don't see this ad :)
Why was Creighton your first choice in the first place?

It makes sense that with new information, you would change your mind. Feeling comfortable with the environment and the students is important too.

From the other schools you interviewed at, what's your first choice now?

I wonder if you just got there on an "off" day. My experience interviewing there was totally different, and everyone seemed really nice. It was in August so school had just started so maybe they were just more relaxed. It's hard to get a good feel for a school when you are only there for part of one day. I'd say if you had a lot of reasons you liked it initially, and have gotten a lot of positive remarks from people who have actually attended school there, you should base your decision on all the information, not just the impression you got in an afternoon. Good luck deciding!! It's tough, because you want to be happy with the place you end up at for the next 4 years!

I agree with you missliss...everyone there was uptight and stiff. i did not get a good vibe from them in comparison to my other interviews.

I got an amazing vibe from them. I've interviewed at six schools and Creighton was by far the most laid back. Great campus, awesome student body, I'm pleased.

-What is this about dressing up? I didn't see any of the students dressed up.

Hey everyone, I was just wondering when you will be making the move to Omaha. I will be moving in at the end of June. =)

I have to disagree with Creighton students being uptight. I got to visit for a few days and hang out with a group of students and I though it was the most tight knit group that I have met at a dental school. The only other school that came close was VCU.

Hope to see you all in Omaha.

Probably moving out around August 1st. See ya there :)

Looks like I'll be coming to Omaha as well! I'll be sending my depost out tomorrow or Monday depending on when I get paid (Jan 15th acceptance).

I have to be in Michingan July 30th-August 4th, so I'll probably be moving July 27th or 28th or else sometime between August 6th-8th, depending on where i live and when they let me move in.

Does anyone know if there is a facebook group started?

Looks like I'll be coming to Omaha as well! I'll be sending my depost out tomorrow or Monday depending on when I get paid (Jan 15th acceptance).

I have to be in Michingan July 30th-August 4th, so I'll probably be moving July 27th or 28th or else sometime between August 6th-8th, depending on where i live and when they let me move in.

Does anyone know if there is a facebook group started?

I don't know but that would be great if somebody started one and let us know.

There is now a facebook group: search Creighton Dental on the facebook page it is called Creighton dental class of 2012