Anyone going to Gotomedschool.com's universities?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
E

ebaydove

Whats up with these guys? I'm getting kinda sick of their universities ad's on TV, buses and today they had a weird heart shaped blimp over campus( hofstra)...
Isnt medical school beyond the realm of ad's?
In the past, I have seen st georges, ross and these guys' ads on campus,
but then to see these ads so much in new york is a little ridiculous. Are other campuses also being overrun by that ridiculous and unstable blimp? I hope the damn thing gets caught in a high rise or something.
On a serious note though, I am considering going to medical school at one of their caribbean universities, and was wondering whether anyone could shed some light on their caribbean universities.

Members don't see this ad.

That's a funny little post. And yes, i have seen the blimp, and it sure looks unstable. I think they swing the blimp that way, to get a lot of attention. I saw it and i had the same thought... the blimp is crashing.. it's crashing. But I've now seen it occasionally over the past 1-2 months, and it always looking like it's ready to fall out of the sky......
In regard to the company itself, i can tell you that its the website for alliance institute of medicine and its universities.. i think about 5-6 universities in europe. I have a friend at one of their schools, and he says it's tough, but his school uses us textbooks and us clinicals. That said, it's a brand new program.. 2-3 years old, so we'll see how they do over the next few years. Theyve just started their us clinicals, and so far seem to be ok. Until now my friend, in his 1st yr, is overwhelmed and barely passing, but he thinks it's pretty much what he expected.
I hope this helps. I also know that it's run by a large group of MD's in a cooperative, or something like that..

Hey Dims, how was the harvard course? too expensive, or worth it?
Anesthesia pays very well... or so i hear...
anyways, welcome back to sdn. It's been a while since i've heard anything from your side.

Members don't see this ad :)
never heard of them but I gotta tell you, the aol.com contact makes me very very suspicious. The picture of the masked guy with the syringe on the front page too. The blimp issue doesn't help either.

Whatever you do, do not pay an agent to get you into med school. There are plenty of good schools that you can apply to without needing to pay $10,000 to some group that claims to have connections.

I know that alliance is not an agent. they dont charge 10k. Thats hope medical youre thinking of..

Well, I think we are safe to say that it is not good for one's own self to have others do for you what you could do yourself.

Thanks for all the input. Much appreciated...
I looked into these guys over the past few weeks, and it's pretty cool that they combine a european basic sciences program with a fully US based clinical sciences program. theyre using pretty much the same hospitals as AUC, Ross, etc. Interesting, especially because every body seems to think that theyre agents. Not quite, theyre the us wing of the school itself, similar to the way ross and auc have US offices. I asked why they dont carry the university's name, and their response was that they represent a number of european universities, and it didnt make sense to open an office for each one, when they could all work under one name. I am seriously considering going to Lodz. By the way, there is absolutely no agent fee, period.

Originally posted by stephew
never heard of them but I gotta tell you, the aol.com contact makes me very very suspicious. The picture of the masked guy with the syringe on the front page too. The blimp issue doesn't help either.

Dude, you really went to SGU? How was it? Did it suck? Is there much for family to do?

SGU is a decent place with a proveb rep.
only the tuition is waay more than i wanted to pay.
But overall is a decent choice with sound academics...
considered one of the top 3 schools in the caribbean

Originally posted by JKDMed
Dude, you really went to SGU? How was it? Did it suck? Is there much for family to do?

Of course I really went there. No it didn't suck it was wonderful most of the time. As for things for a family to do it depends really one what youre thinking of. Its not an exciting place per se but there are lots of families. And aside from my not being a "dude", do people even still use that word?
Steph