anyone going to lecom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

INKDOG

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey i just got accepted to lecom and was wondering if anyone else is going to lecom. if so just email me at [email protected].

Members don't see this ad.

i'm thinking about it, but not decided yet... why did you decide to go, maybe you'll help me decide...

I DECIDED TO GO BECAUSE I LIKED THE ATMOSPHERE, THE SAFE NEIGHBORHOOD AND THE FRIENDLY STAFF. YOU ALSO GOT TO LIKE THE CHEAP HOUSING. I ALSO LIKE THE FACT THAT LECOM STUDENTS DO WELL ON THE BOARDS AND USUALLY GET THEIR FIRST CHOICE ON RESIDENCIES. ALL THIS COMBINES TO MAKE A PRETTY GOOD SCHOOL. I HOPE THIS HELPS.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be there as well. Great school and hospital affiliations in MANY areas. My friends there received their first matches and scored very well on the boards. No problem either to leave Erie for rotations if the area doesn't appeal to you. Faculty is great, they make sure you receive your top matches and succeed. Smaller class size (165 compared to 250) is also appealing and mentoring program are also a plus. The PBL program will also kick in this year. Brand new state of the art facilities and more construction to start this spring for completion in the Fall. Living expenses are low too. Plus Erie does have a lot to offer: shows, good bars (many other colleges in town) and the lake/beaches.
Can't go wrong here...see you there.

[This message has been edited by rowerman (edited 02-22-2000).]

I'll be there as well!!
I believe the PBL program will be superior, the staff were friendly and displayed interest (Dr. Evans is a dynamo!)--and all of the benefits of Erie itself( low cost of living, clean and friendly, beaches, culture). Oh, yes, LECOM's cadaver lab was the cleanest and most odor-free of any of the other schools I've been to.
smile.gif

Hey,Rowerman. How have you been? Have you decided on the PBL yet?