Anyone going to San Diego AAD this year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

steelersfan1243

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Going solo.....need someone to explore the zoo and walk the long beaches

Members don't see this ad.

It was the first time in history no one came to the AAD. Vendors were pissed.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I admittedly wasn't as active for the lectures as usual but I'm sure they'll give the same "highest number in attendance ever" figures once everything wraps up.
Was the average step 1 for residency announced this year?

This year's AAD wasn't as exciting as last years. The quality of the lectures was meh. It seems like more and more dermatologists are not choosing the academia route.

This year's AAD wasn't as exciting as last years. The quality of the lectures was meh. It seems like more and more dermatologists are not choosing the academia route.

AAD rocks San Diego with new science, uptick in attendance

Increased attendance again per the AAD.

In the end, I think they're all the same. There are a few updates here and there but after a while, you know who's giving the lectures and what they are going to say.

Mine is more of an anecdotal position but since I live and practice in an area where PE has rapidly gobbled up practices, many of my peers seem to be flocking towards academia since there aren't any palatable (to them) private practice positions.

Unfortunately the incentives often just aren’t there. I love medical
Mine is more of an anecdotal position but since I live and practice in an area where PE has rapidly gobbled up practices, many of my peers seem to be flocking towards academia since there aren't any palatable (to them) private practice positions.

It’s a sad state of affairs . . .

My favorite part of AAD is how surprised everyone looks :eek:. That, and the lumpy filler jobs.

Reactions: 1 user