Quantcast

Anyone going to the AAP meeting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mehul_25

Dude!!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am curious about this too. It seems as though not many residents make it to the AAP conference, the AAPMR seems to create a larger buzz. I do know several Walter Reed residents that are going though...

fozzy40

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a student component to the AAPMR conferences? I am interested in going and just curious if any activities are geared for students. Thank you.

DOctorJay

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
fozzy40 said:
Is there a student component to the AAPMR conferences? I am interested in going and just curious if any activities are geared for students. Thank you.

The last conference was held in Philly and did have a student program on one of the days. drusso was actually there and presented a very interesting lecture to the group (PM me with your email if you want it, I'll send it to you). There was a lot of good feedback from the group I sat with and I imagine AAPM&R will continue to include students like this.

However, next year's conference is scheduled for Hawaii so I don't know how many students will be able to attend, but man that would be nice!

-J

Finally M3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
May be going to NASS (pending abstract acceptance)...and possibly to AAPMR this November (pending my vacation schedule)

Congrats, btw Axm, on your position on the AAPMR resident council. :thumbup:

axm397

SDN Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finally M3 said:
May be going to NASS (pending abstract acceptance)...and possibly to AAPMR this November (pending my vacation schedule)

Congrats, btw Axm, on your position on the AAPMR resident council. :thumbup:

Thanks, just trying to follow in the glorious DRUSSO's footsteps... :)

Sounds like you're keeping pretty busy and active too.

Disciple

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think alot of seniors are going to this ('yknow, senior spring break :laugh: ). Once it was moved to Daytona everybody decided to throw a case report together and submit it.

We have 7 going and another program in town has 4-5 I believe.

rehab_sports_dr

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
> Anyone else going to the AAP meeting?

I'm going, and I think that something like 8 of us from my program (Kessler) are going.

I like the AAP. They are smaller and more intimate than AAPM+R, so you get a chance to meet people close up. A highlight for me, for example, was chatting in the hall with Larry Robinson, the chair at UW, for a while between lectures.

I took the research course last year, which I really enjoyed. This year's neuromuscular course looks good too. I am looking forward to hearing Michael Andary and Lisa Krvickas's lectures.

I'd also like to make a push for Resident and Fellows Council for people going for the first time. I've served on it this year, and it's been a good experience for me. In years past, they didn't do much, but the current president (Assaf Gordon from NYU) has done a great job in organizing and motivating people, and I anticipate continued good stuff happening with them. If you do the AAP, consider going to the RFC meeting on Wednesday night.

bbbmd

Pain Doctor/Physiatrist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
rehab_sports_dr said:
> Anyone else going to the AAP meeting?

I'm going, and I think that something like 8 of us from my program (Kessler) are going.

Ill be there with 4 other Baylor/UT residents. I also think that the AAP is more intimate than AAPM&R.

Assaf has done a great job this year, as well as the rest of the RFC (Rehab_sports_dr, I figured out who you are... Missed you on the conference call). The group was very motivated this year with a lot of great ideas that turned into action. There are going to be 75 residents at the RFC Meeting/Lecture on Wednesday night, which is a significant increase compared to last year! Im lloking forward to seeing you all in Daytona!

B

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.