Anyone going to the AAP meeting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am curious about this too. It seems as though not many residents make it to the AAP conference, the AAPMR seems to create a larger buzz. I do know several Walter Reed residents that are going though...

Is there a student component to the AAPMR conferences? I am interested in going and just curious if any activities are geared for students. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
fozzy40 said:
Is there a student component to the AAPMR conferences? I am interested in going and just curious if any activities are geared for students. Thank you.

The last conference was held in Philly and did have a student program on one of the days. drusso was actually there and presented a very interesting lecture to the group (PM me with your email if you want it, I'll send it to you). There was a lot of good feedback from the group I sat with and I imagine AAPM&R will continue to include students like this.

However, next year's conference is scheduled for Hawaii so I don't know how many students will be able to attend, but man that would be nice!

-J

May be going to NASS (pending abstract acceptance)...and possibly to AAPMR this November (pending my vacation schedule)

Congrats, btw Axm, on your position on the AAPMR resident council. :thumbup:

Finally M3 said:
May be going to NASS (pending abstract acceptance)...and possibly to AAPMR this November (pending my vacation schedule)

Congrats, btw Axm, on your position on the AAPMR resident council. :thumbup:

Thanks, just trying to follow in the glorious DRUSSO's footsteps... :)

Sounds like you're keeping pretty busy and active too.

I think alot of seniors are going to this ('yknow, senior spring break :laugh: ). Once it was moved to Daytona everybody decided to throw a case report together and submit it.

We have 7 going and another program in town has 4-5 I believe.

> Anyone else going to the AAP meeting?

I'm going, and I think that something like 8 of us from my program (Kessler) are going.

I like the AAP. They are smaller and more intimate than AAPM+R, so you get a chance to meet people close up. A highlight for me, for example, was chatting in the hall with Larry Robinson, the chair at UW, for a while between lectures.

I took the research course last year, which I really enjoyed. This year's neuromuscular course looks good too. I am looking forward to hearing Michael Andary and Lisa Krvickas's lectures.

I'd also like to make a push for Resident and Fellows Council for people going for the first time. I've served on it this year, and it's been a good experience for me. In years past, they didn't do much, but the current president (Assaf Gordon from NYU) has done a great job in organizing and motivating people, and I anticipate continued good stuff happening with them. If you do the AAP, consider going to the RFC meeting on Wednesday night.

rehab_sports_dr said:
> Anyone else going to the AAP meeting?

I'm going, and I think that something like 8 of us from my program (Kessler) are going.

Ill be there with 4 other Baylor/UT residents. I also think that the AAP is more intimate than AAPM&R.

Assaf has done a great job this year, as well as the rest of the RFC (Rehab_sports_dr, I figured out who you are... Missed you on the conference call). The group was very motivated this year with a lot of great ideas that turned into action. There are going to be 75 residents at the RFC Meeting/Lecture on Wednesday night, which is a significant increase compared to last year! Im lloking forward to seeing you all in Daytona!

B