Anyone going to UCSF Open House?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurepharmer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! :p

Is anyone going to this? (or has anyone been?)
http://pharmacy.ucsf.edu/go/info

Looks like one has already happened but there is one in Long Beach and San Francisco? Seems like it might be insightful.

Any insight would be cool!

Thanks. TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I went to the one in Long Beach last April. It was pretty helpful because they had a panel of current 3rd and 4th year students and some alumni. They answered questions and gave advice to students interested in the school. Also, I got a folder of information, including the classes at my school that fulfill their requirements which I thought was helpful.

I went the past two years in sf.

What I really liked about the info days were the student and pharmacist panels. Not only is is a great way to learn about the school, but it's a great way to learn more about the different career paths of pharmacy. In 2005, the pharmacist panel consisted of pharmacists (3) working in retail and academia. In 2006, the pharmacists on the panel consisted of people who have done residencies. They worked in ambulatory care, the pharmaceutical industry (talking with doctors etc) and another pharmacist worked for a small company that specialized in giving advice about oncology. This year could be different. I learned a lot about the different fields of pharmacy and it was interesting learning about each person's experiences.

The student panel was cool too. It kind of gave you an idea what the pharmacy students have gone thru to get where they are today.

Good luck and I think the pharmacy day is a great way to learn about the school and pharmacy in general.

Hi everyone! :p

Is anyone going to this? (or has anyone been?)
http://pharmacy.ucsf.edu/go/info

Looks like one has already happened but there is one in Long Beach and San Francisco? Seems like it might be insightful.

Any insight would be cool!

Thanks. TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooh! I think I'm going to go :) Probably to the one in SF since I'm supposed to go to a one-year-old's incredibly extravagant birthday party on the one set for next weekend in LA. Maybe I'll see you there!