sonya22

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2004
13
0
Status
I have decided to attend UDM , so trying to know my classmates.... anyone out there who will be at UDM this fall? Anyone got any interesting info. about the school, its reputation etc?
 

BillMSU

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2004
7
0
Status
I'm pretty sure I'll be headed there in the fall. check your PM's.
 

UofT-Girl

Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2004
89
0
36
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
Status
sonya22 said:
I have decided to attend UDM , so trying to know my classmates.... anyone out there who will be at UDM this fall? Anyone got any interesting info. about the school, its reputation etc?

I'm applying to UDM during the next cycle.. i was just wondering...
What were your stats?
 
About the Ads

BillMSU

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2004
7
0
Status
In-state, 3.6 overall, 3.5 science TS: 18 AA: 18 PAT: 15
 

Jdawg09

UDM 2009
10+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2005
6
0
Toronto
Status
Hey Guys and Gals!!
I'm excited to meet all of you, and I'm glad we've all chosen UDM!!! If anyone wants to get in contact with me, please add me to your MSN list: [email protected].
 

jakinni

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2004
9
0
Status
Glad to see some fellow classmates. See you guys in the fall! It's getting close, really starting to look forward to it. Also, I would be happy to hear from some fellow Canadians about your planned living situation etc.
 

t00thpix

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2005
5
0
Status
one thing you might want to aware of is that O of D mercy must be out of the building I believe in 2007 and of this date have not secured another location
 

errcs

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2004
24
0
Status
Hi,

Guys, I didnt get admission until now, but they have some problems with admission committee. That's why they stopped interview for while. During that time, I was finishing my prerequirements. I already have finished my prerequirements and sent those transcript to UDM. I am wondering that all seat are filled up or not. I heard that they are still taking interview until june. Anyone can tell me about chances to get admission in to UDM.....I have AA:19 PAT 18, QT 18 RC 16 and Bio 18 Gchem 20 Orgchem 22. and science GPA 3.6 overall 3.2 .............How about that they will send me interview call for 2005 cycle.or not ???????????????????
tell me as soon as possible...............
 

mvs04

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2005
375
0
California
www.bol.ucla.edu
Status
errcs said:
Hi,

Guys, I didnt get admission until now, but they have some problems with admission committee. That's why they stopped interview for while. During that time, I was finishing my prerequirements. I already have finished my prerequirements and sent those transcript to UDM. I am wondering that all seat are filled up or not. I heard that they are still taking interview until june. Anyone can tell me about chances to get admission in to UDM.....I have AA:19 PAT 18, QT 18 RC 16 and Bio 18 Gchem 20 Orgchem 22. and science GPA 3.6 overall 3.2 .............How about that they will send me interview call for 2005 cycle.or not ???????????????????
tell me as soon as possible...............
they are interviewign until June, however their class is full, they're interviewing for waitlist. This info is from 2 weeks ago when I talked to their adcom.
 

jakinni

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2004
9
0
Status
t00thpix said:
one thing you might want to aware of is that O of D mercy must be out of the building I believe in 2007 and of this date have not secured another location
Cross my fingers that it'll all work out and students won't be inconvenienced.

On another note, since getting my confirmation for my deposit, I haven't received or heard anything from them. Can someone tell me when we're supposed to get like a package that gives us more detailed info about when to pay tuition, how's the payment set up, and for international students like me, the I-20 form, when is the exact starting date etc.?
 

a2thdr

a2thdr
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 15, 2005
20
0
40
michigan
Status
I just interviewed today at UDM today. They said they are closed to being full but not full yet. The reason they weren't interviewing for a while is the director had a death in the family. As far as location goes they have 3 locations and they are waiting for financing on a site. Don't worry because no one at the school is.
 
About the Ads

a2thdr

a2thdr
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 15, 2005
20
0
40
michigan
Status
a2thdr said:
I just interviewed today at UDM today. They said they are closed to being full but not full yet. The reason they weren't interviewing for a while is the director had a death in the family. As far as location goes they have 3 locations and they are waiting for financing on a site. Don't worry because no one at the school is.
I hope to be seeing ya'll in the fall! Congratulations to those who are in. It's a great school. ( I graduated from their hygiene program in 02) The patient base and the faculty are top notch.
 

jaredtf9

New Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2005
2
0
Status
I will be there in the fall. I stiill have to find a place to live. Where are all of u living
 

RachMSU

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2003
175
0
36
Milan, MI
Visit site
Status
jaredtf9 said:
I will be there in the fall. I stiill have to find a place to live. Where are all of u living
Hey,
Where have you looked or where is everyone planning to live? I have looked at Southfield and Farmington Hills. Southfield is very close to the school but not the ebst neighborhood. Farmington is nice but the traffic might be bad. I just need to hurry and find an apartment!
 

a2thdr

a2thdr
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 15, 2005
20
0
40
michigan
Status
RachMSU said:
Hey,
Where have you looked or where is everyone planning to live? I have looked at Southfield and Farmington Hills. Southfield is very close to the school but not the ebst neighborhood. Farmington is nice but the traffic might be bad. I just need to hurry and find an apartment!
I work in Farmington now and drive to UM- Dearborn. Traffic isn't that bad and there is always the back roads. When I was there for hygiene school, one of my friends lived at 12 and Halstead and it was like a 15-20 minute commute, which isn't too bad. There are some decent parts of Southfield. There are some nice parts of Dearborn and neighboring communities which you could check out as well. Where are you from?
 

UDM 2008

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 20, 2005
21
0
Status
The northern part of southfield is a good place to live. It's only a 10-15 min. drive to campus in the morning. There's lot's of places along 12 mile to check out.
 

jakinni

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2004
9
0
Status
For those of you who are more familiar with Detroit, is there any resource I can look at for apartment rentals? I mean do I actually have to physically go there and get rental magazines and newspapers? I've looked online, but I don't think that's all that are available for rent.

I'm planning to just get a cellphone there and no landline when I move, so I'm wondering do any of you know of any plans that covers long distance to Canada? I haven't really seen any from looking around online, but I'm trying to find out if there's anything specific in the Detroit region that covers this cross border situation. People in Windsor and Detroit must communicate right? Do they have to pay long distance charges every time?
 

2pac

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2005
127
0
41
in Guru's House
Status
How many seats are there in UDM. :confused:


errcs said:
Hi,

Guys, I didnt get admission until now, but they have some problems with admission committee. That's why they stopped interview for while. During that time, I was finishing my prerequirements. I already have finished my prerequirements and sent those transcript to UDM. I am wondering that all seat are filled up or not. I heard that they are still taking interview until june. Anyone can tell me about chances to get admission in to UDM.....I have AA:19 PAT 18, QT 18 RC 16 and Bio 18 Gchem 20 Orgchem 22. and science GPA 3.6 overall 3.2 .............How about that they will send me interview call for 2005 cycle.or not ???????????????????
tell me as soon as possible...............
 

RachMSU

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2003
175
0
36
Milan, MI
Visit site
Status
2pac said:
How many seats are there in UDM. :confused:
I believe the class size is 70 although when they move the school in two years, it will be 100.

For the people that mentioned the good areas of Southfield to live and parts of Farmington, do you know the name of specific apartment complexes I should look at? I plan to go look around Dearborn soon. I have picked up all the Apartment Guide and ForRent books. Thanks!
 

a2thdr

a2thdr
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 15, 2005
20
0
40
michigan
Status
RachMSU said:
I believe the class size is 70 although when they move the school in two years, it will be 100.

For the people that mentioned the good areas of Southfield to live and parts of Farmington, do you know the name of specific apartment complexes I should look at? I plan to go look around Dearborn soon. I have picked up all the Apartment Guide and ForRent books. Thanks!
For Southfield, I'm not exactly sure but anything North of 10 mile rd is safe and I would say west of Greenfield. For Farmington, there is a complex called Independence Green ( I think) that l have heard is decent. I'll talk to some people at work and see if they have any other suggestions that I can post. Happy hunting!
 

RachMSU

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2003
175
0
36
Milan, MI
Visit site
Status
a2thdr said:
For Southfield, I'm not exactly sure but anything North of 10 mile rd is safe and I would say west of Greenfield. For Farmington, there is a complex called Independence Green ( I think) that l have heard is decent. I'll talk to some people at work and see if they have any other suggestions that I can post. Happy hunting!

Hey, thanks so much for helping me with the apartments. I looked at Independence Green and so far that has been my favorite one. A one bedroom is $599-$699/month depending on what style you like. My only worry there was that it was too far to drive (I believe Mapquest said 20 minutes but with traffic and snow later on it will be more). For Southfield, I looked at Eagles Landing of Southfield, The Lexington of Southfield (which I heard were like the projects) and then a bunch on Franklin Road.
 

a2thdr

a2thdr
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 15, 2005
20
0
40
michigan
Status
The lexington is definately the projects. Some friends of mine lived at Independence Green and they liked it. I never heard them complain about the drive. Its going to be a trade off. If you live close , the neighborhoods aren't that great but I would rather commute an extra 5-10 minutes for peace of mind. (Especially if you wind up living alone) Franklin road is nice. There are some on Telegraph in Bingham Farms (between 12-13 or 13-14) I'm not sure what that would set you back though since that area is a bit pricey.
 

Thaxil

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2003
547
1
41
myrtle Beach, SC
Visit site
Status
Dentist
Since I was from California, and could not fly to the region to checkout apartment before moving, I searched for crime statistics, checkout apartmentratings.com and order a rentors magazine from the metroarea. I rent from amber apartments (www.amberatps.com) and I like this area in Royal Oak. There are some very nice areas and then there are some serious ghettos. I don’t know why the school last year sent advertisement to us for the Lexiton apartment last year; I mean are they try to get us killed. So far this year 2 people have been murder in the apartment just from news reports I happen to watch. I stayed away from apartment with 100+ units and in areas with crime rates above US avg. I figure the worst areas in any city are in the apartment of that city.
 

a2thdr

a2thdr
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 15, 2005
20
0
40
michigan
Status
Thaxil said:
Since I was from California, and could not fly to the region to checkout apartment before moving, I searched for crime statistics, checkout apartmentratings.com and order a rentors magazine from the metroarea. I rent from amber apartments (www.amberatps.com) and I like this area in Royal Oak. There are some very nice areas and then there are some serious ghettos. I don’t know why the school last year sent advertisement to us for the Lexiton apartment last year; I mean are they try to get us killed. So far this year 2 people have been murder in the apartment just from news reports I happen to watch. I stayed away from apartment with 100+ units and in areas with crime rates above US avg. I figure the worst areas in any city are in the apartment of that city.
That's hilarious!!!(not that 2 people were killed but that the school would actually recommend those apartments) Royal Oak is a nice area. How was your first year of dental school?
 

RachMSU

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2003
175
0
36
Milan, MI
Visit site
Status
Hey guys,
I was just in Farmington Hills last night and plan to sign for an apartment tomorrow. They all have specials going on and all the one bedrooms seem to be about the same price.
 

errcs

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2004
24
0
Status
sonya22 said:
I have decided to attend UDM , so trying to know my classmates.... anyone out there who will be at UDM this fall? Anyone got any interesting info. about the school, its reputation etc?

Hi,

Thanks a lot for giving me all information about admission.
I am wondering about DAT score. If I will take it again, then what they will consider.Suppose, I will get low score, but I dont want to apply with that score. I want to apply with old score......Is that possible....??????? or they will use my recent score.......Can you tell me about some private colleges....???? because when I called to tufts univ. They told me that they are not taking any foreign students. That's why I didnt apply in tufts univ......I have already finished my ECE evaluation.....for applying..........


I will keep in touch with you..........

thanks a lot..................
 

jaredtf9

New Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2005
2
0
Status
I just went and got an apartment at independence green today and was wondering where everyone else is living. Also was wondering if anyone is going to that picnic next weekend
 
About the Ads