Anyone going to UPENN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.JSW

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello

I found out today that I made UPENN. I was wondering if there was anyone else on this board that was going to UPENN in the fall. Where are you going to live? the dental house?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Members don't see this ad.

hi there, future colleague,

Congrats on your acceptance. I will be living at the dental house. It sounds fantastic. one can receive the benefits of having other dental students around in an apt complex setting. Now, I don't know the condition of the apt. But, as long as it is convenient, it is good for an out of state student like me.

I was also considering for the graduate tower. But since I heard from the dental house first, I think I will just go with the dental house. what about you?

hello

the dental house sounds good because you have that lab in the basement and everyone in the building is in your class. but I heard that the room is unfurnished. is this true? what have you heard about the grad housing? I think this housing is furnished, but is old. I know that I want to remain on campus the first year. Then I might move off campus. I will probably get all the housing info when they send me my acceptance letter. It should come in the next few days.

Hi,

I am sure Penn will mail you all the housing info in a few days. You are right that Dental house is unfurnished. And it can be furnished for an extra $75/month. I believe you get a love seat, coffee table and end tables, dining table with 2 chairs, study desk with chair, of course, and a bed with mattress. I haven't heard anything about graduate housing, but I know it is indeed furnished. Like you, I want to remain close to school the first year. Good luck! :)