anyone got accepted to ros franklin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rjb

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey i interviewed in early november, still no word from the old finch guys... anyone heard acceptance, rejects, or wl?

b

Members don't see this ad.

ah, i just want them to interview me! but, i have heard that nobody has been accepted yet...

no one on the acceptance thread has posted Rosalind Franklin yet.

i interviewed in mid-november, no word yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
maybe someone should call...nudge, nudge...

Interviewed 10/14... no word........

oh wow....with an interview a month after that, looks like i probably have a long wait ahead of me.

it was weird at the interview though - they were the only school i interviewed at that didn't tell us when to expect to hear back. and when i asked the admissions office lady, she said "sometime before may"

nice of her to be so specific.

PreMedAdAG said:
Interviewed 10/14... no word........

I interviewed Oct 14, and called them a couple weeks ago. The admissions guy I talked to told me that I should hear in mid-December. It's almost that time.....

laura414 said:
I interviewed Oct 14, and called them a couple weeks ago. The admissions guy I talked to told me that I should hear in mid-December. It's almost that time.....
Hi Laura, looks like we interviewed on the same day... which one were you? I thought we had a pretty cool group... everyone was really friendly :)

I was told that the adcom is meeting on dec 10th ( today !! ) and they should have results sent out by monday. They said I could call on monday and they would tell me over the phone. Good luck everyone !!! :luck:

DoctorMalki said:
I was told that the adcom is meeting on dec 10th ( today !! ) and they should have results sent out by monday. They said I could call on monday and they would tell me over the phone. Good luck everyone !!! :luck:
Wow, what useful information! This should be interesting... good luck laura and malika!

sunUCB said:
oh wow....with an interview a month after that, looks like i probably have a long wait ahead of me.

it was weird at the interview though - they were the only school i interviewed at that didn't tell us when to expect to hear back. and when i asked the admissions office lady, she said "sometime before may"

nice of her to be so specific.

That is because there is no waitlist, so even if you are passed over at several meetings, you aren't formally rejected until May or June. The bright side of this is that you are never out of the hunt, so to speak. The negative side should be obvious.

hey everyone. I have an interview at Ros Franklin on Jan 4. Any advice? Oh, and about how many people interview on any given day there? And what hotel would you recommend? Thanks!!

akpete said:
hey everyone. I have an interview at Ros Franklin on Jan 4. Any advice? Oh, and about how many people interview on any given day there? And what hotel would you recommend? Thanks!!

There will probably be anywhere between 6-10 of you there at once. The interview is done by two different people. The cool thing is that the interviews are not time-dependent like many, so if you hit it off, you could be going for a while, or if you answer everything quickly, you don't have to sit there for the requisite amount of time and twiddle your thumbs.

Warning: Nobody told me this before going, and I wish I had known...RF is not in the northern part of Chicago, as the name implies, but in the city of North Chicago. Its about an hour away from downtown Chicago. The clinicals for the school are in the downtown Chicago hospitals, but the school itself is an hour away.

The hotels that they send you in the packet are all a pretty good deal. They're about 10-15 minutes away and the hotels have a shuttle to drop you off and pick you back up at the school. You'll have to take a cab to the hotel from the airport, but some of the taxi companies will have a flat rate that you can pay instead of the minute/hourly rate. I stayed at the Hawthorne Suites and like it quite a bit. They have breakfast and dinner pretty much every day and have a hot tub, workout room, etc. I enjoyed it, but other people said the Marriott was nice too.

G'luck! :luck:

DrYo12 said:
There will probably be anywhere between 6-10 of you there at once. The interview is done by two different people.

wait, is the interview a group one? like u sit there with 10 other applicants and compete to get a chance to talk? or is it individual?

and, are there any other schools that have group interviews?

uclakid said:
wait, is the interview a group one? like u sit there with 10 other applicants and compete to get a chance to talk? or is it individual?

and, are there any other schools that have group interviews?
no, its not a group interview. You are one-on-one with your interviewer, but there will be a few of you there on the same day to interview (which is what I thought the OP was asking).

I think Northwestern has a group interview.

DrYo12 said:
no, its not a group interview. You are one-on-one with your interviewer, but there will be a few of you there on the same day to interview (which is what I thought the OP was asking).

I think Northwestern has a group interview.

That's exactly what I was asking. Thanks for the great info!! I knew it's like 45-60 minutes from downtown, but it's still pretty urban right?

akpete said:
That's exactly what I was asking. Thanks for the great info!! I knew it's like 45-60 minutes from downtown, but it's still pretty urban right?
uh, not so much on the urban side. Its more industrial, factories and the navy base around it. I guess I think of urban as having lots of neighborhoods and businesses and 'city' stuff...North Chicago around RF isn't really like that.

Factories, huh...well...I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Not quite what I was hoping to hear. But I'll see how it looks in person before making up my mind. Hell, gotta get accepted before you can make up your mind right!!

You definitely have to see it. Get a feel for the campus and what's around there. LMK if you have any other questions...

G'luck.

if your 2 choices are urban or rural, its not rural. the town of north chicago is really amongst the north shore suburbs, there are a lot of really nice towns right nearby, but north chicago itself is an industrial park, factories, office buildings.