Anyone got in pharmacy school without a degree and went to cc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bottlecap1990

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a high school senior who will be attending a community college to complete the prerequisites for pharmacy school. I have heard from so many people that if you complete your prerequisites at a CC, you will have slim to no chance of getting admitted to pharmacy school without a bachelor's degree. Is this true?. Also do you know anyone who got in pharmacy school by doing his/her prerequisites at CC?. I am terrified that I won't be able to go to pharmacy school because my grades are not good enough to apply for the 0-6 program forcing me to apply as a transfer. Also I have a question about residency. Let's say I will be going to a pharmacy school in virginia. Does this mean i will have to get a job at that state?. I want to move to california once im done at pharmacy school and live there. Is there a way to do this?. Do you just take the NAPLEX exam at whatever state you want to work at?. how does this work?

thank you.:love:

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about the residencies but a friend of mine went to CC and got in to Univ of Florida. Just get good grades and make sure u have some pharmacy experience, EC's good PCAT etc.

I went to a Community College and have no degree, not even an associates degree. So far, I been to 5 interviews and I have a 6th one scheduled. I also have 1 acceptance so far. It is very possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry I didn't read your whole post before I replied. Yes people do get in with two years of prereqs but they typically have very high stats and a very well rounded app. I personally know someone who got accepted with no degree and cc coursework only. But... Its becoming more rare every year... What I tell people is apply after the prereqs are done and keep applying until you get in while working towards your bachelors. You can be a pharmacist in any state you choose no matter where you go to school. Some states, however, do have extra tests you might need to take which I know nothing about. Go to the pharm student or some other section to ask that question.