• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

anyone got job contract offered since April

1Cor1557

10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2008
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I know many places are doing hiring freeze. wondering if anyone got interviewed for GI opening or gotten contract since April for potential job for 2021?
Some Places have been doing interviews and going over comp structure, the question is, is it somewhere one wants to be, with conditions one desires, wide geographic variability pre covid is exacerbated in the midst of it, by July 1st 2021 we will have gotten to the other side either of this whether vaccine or herd immunity, I think if your heart is set on a certain metro area spread the seed 90 min out for good pickings and just park yourself halfway, good luck let us know how it goes

Reactions: 1 user

razmd86

Aug 14, 2020
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Right now I have two interviews in early Sept to start in Summer 2021... but just seems that most institutions/recruiters say "we'll send your CV over to the chief, I think he'll be interested." Then nothing. Follow-up, no response. Just curious if anyone else is striking out like this?

About the Ads

GastriqueGraffin

2+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2017
Right now I have two interviews in early Sept to start in Summer 2021... but just seems that most institutions/recruiters say "we'll send your CV over to the chief, I think he'll be interested." Then nothing. Follow-up, no response. Just curious if anyone else is striking out like this?
Depends on the type of job and location. GI is still in great demand and underserved around the country. Many who suffered from covid in 1-2 person groups are taking advantage by joining locums in numbers that I think must be record highs.

1Cor1557

10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2008
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Very very region dependant.....some regions have huge backlogs that can't keep up with getting back up to speed. These are not the boonies either, these are mid sized major metros, kind of the sweet spot overall in GI

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.