Anyone happy about beating the "odds"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

As someone whose major was classified as "Allied Health" or whatever , all the MCAT averages across the boards for that major classification are consistently the lowest out of all other classifications. People kept telling me the odds were against me and not to expect anything great.

I ended up with a 33Q (10VR,13PS,10BS) and I am not trying to brag at all (least of all on here where that sometimes seems to be subpar), it just feels very good to prove them all wrong and finally prove to myself that I belong among the applicants. Not until receiving my MCAT score did I truly feel like a real pre-med student.

Members don't see this ad.

As someone whose major was classified as "Allied Health" or whatever , all the MCAT averages across the boards for that major classification are consistently the lowest out of all other classifications. People kept telling me the odds were against me and not to expect anything great.

I ended up with a 33Q (10VR,13PS,10BS) and I am not trying to brag at all (least of all on here where that sometimes seems to be subpar), it just feels very good to prove them all wrong and finally prove to myself that I belong among the applicants. Not until receiving my MCAT score did I truly feel like a real pre-med student.

Congratulations, man. =] I know what you mean - I go to a not so well known University, so I wanted my MCAT scores to reflect how I really perform. My life has changed since the scores have been released, and I feel confident that I'm on the same field as everyone else now.

All the best with applications, man. I hope we get in.

Cheers boys. I'm from a university in Canada affectionately termed "last chance U".....my 39S will keep me warm next time a premed from one of the snobbier universities looks down their nose at me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cheers boys. I'm from a university in Canada affectionately termed "last chance U".....my 39S will keep me warm next time a premed from one of the snobbier universities looks down their nose at me.

I'm guessing you go to Ryerson. Anyways, you should never like something like one test on one day of your life affect you this much - regardless of how you do. Who you are should be a culmination of who you are. Think about if you had done horrible, you wouldn't be saying the same thing.

I got a 13PS 12BS 6VR S (i have already sent a rescore request about my VR), but trust me, i don't feel any more stupid or smarter than I did yesterday. Today, I know what the solutions are of the schrodinger equation for building atomic orbitals, but I don't feel like I shouldn't because my verbal is so low.

I'm guessing you go to Ryerson. Anyways, you should never like something like one test on one day of your life affect you this much - regardless of how you do. Who you are should be a culmination of who you are. Think about if you had done horrible, you wouldn't be saying the same thing.

I got a 13PS 12BS 6VR S (i have already sent a rescore request about my VR), but trust me, i don't feel any more stupid or smarter than I did yesterday. Today, I know what the solutions are of the schrodinger equation for building atomic orbitals, but I don't feel like I shouldn't because my verbal is so low.

what race are you akin?

Hahahah, i don't go to Ryerson. I go to Carleton, and trust me...my MCAT score isn't defining me. But there is some smug satisfaction to be had when some Queens weenie comments on how it's unfair that our GPAs are weighted the same as theirs.

was gonna say the same thing lol - i've never heard of carleton being "last chance U"...hahahahah that's funny.