Superman22

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2004
82
0
chicago
Status
I am trying to find Kaplan materials. Does anyone have these to sell or can someone direct me to where I might find them? any suggestion would help.
 
OP
S

Superman22

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2004
82
0
chicago
Status
henitz9 said:
amazon.com



I am not talking about the one sold as the Kaplan PCAT Comprehensive book (2006-2007) I am talking about the review notes and lesson book used by those who have taken a Kaplan PCAT review course.
 

pharmdwannab

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2005
69
0
48
Wingate NC
Status
Pharmacy Student
I actually do have them however, I want to hold on to them just in case I did not do well on my PCAT. I just took it in Oct. and it was the first time. I may re-take in January and they are a great resource. Plus considering how much I spent on the on-line prep course they are were a pretty penny! :eek: I may get rid of them after I get my scores. :)
 

Fatpharm

Member
10+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2005
163
9
Status
Pharmacist
jalba22 said:
I am not talking about the one sold as the Kaplan PCAT Comprehensive book (2006-2007) I am talking about the review notes and lesson book used by those who have taken a Kaplan PCAT review course.
I don't think Kaplan class notes will help you that much. It is pretty much the same as the book that you will buy in the store. I took a Kaplan class for MCAT prep and they pretty much had the same exact chapters for biology and chemistry when I bought the PCAT book. The practice exam on Hardcourt's website was more helpful for the math section than any of the Kaplan material I looked at. The questions were very similar to the ones I took on the actual PCAT. This will give you an idea of what to study. As for verbal and reading comprehension, I find that no one can teach you these things. One can only improve by taking practice tests and memorizing vocabulary.
 
OP
S

Superman22

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2004
82
0
chicago
Status
Fatpharm said:
I don't think Kaplan class notes will help you that much. It is pretty much the same as the book that you will buy in the store. I took a Kaplan class for MCAT prep and they pretty much had the same exact chapters for biology and chemistry when I bought the PCAT book. The practice exam on Hardcourt's website was more helpful for the math section than any of the Kaplan material I looked at. The questions were very similar to the ones I took on the actual PCAT. This will give you an idea of what to study. As for verbal and reading comprehension, I find that no one can teach you these things. One can only improve by taking practice tests and memorizing vocabulary.
Thanks for the advice but if someone can still help me get access to these materials, I would be very grateful.
 

Glycerin

Commercially Unavailable
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2004
3,341
5
Squint your eyes and look closer.
Status
Pharmacist
This belongs in the PCAT forum (hence the name... ;)). Moving...
 

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
18,915
4,161
Florida/Fellowship
Status
Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
Kaplan course books are NOT allowed to be sold. Although Kaplan usually allows the students to keep the books after they complete the course, technically, the books are actually the property of Kaplan, not the student. Kaplan has the right to confiscate your books at their discretion; they usually don't do it unless they see people trying to sell the books. My center manager will respond to students' ads and do exactly this when she sees them. FYI.
 

Brock1385

Keepin my fingers crossed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2005
67
0
33
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
QofQuimica said:
Kaplan course books are NOT allowed to be sold. Although Kaplan usually allows the students to keep the books after they complete the course, technically, the books are actually the property of Kaplan, not the student. Kaplan has the right to confiscate your books at their discretion; they usually don't do it unless they see people trying to sell the books. My center manager will respond to students' ads and do exactly this when she sees them. FYI.
Yeah right. thats all i got to say