Anyone have an opinion on Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slevin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think it would help... starting my micro unit now.

Also if it doesn't what would... I never had micro before.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, CMMRS is really good. I don't know how good it is for certain minute details that are tested in class but it is good nonetheless. I'd recommend the flashcards.

great cartoons to help you remember but does leave some stuff out. use it as a general understanding. I used that in combo with Nath's problem based microbiology (much more detailed)

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup:

good for pharm (antibiotics/antivirals) as well

I didn't use it for my class but for boards this is the best book, hands down, in micro. The majority of my exam was micro and OMM, I may gotten a handful of micro questions wrong thanks to that book.

Anyone have an opinion on the PreTest book for micro as well? Wondering if it was a good source of practice questions... if not then what would be?

Thanks

It's a awesome book. Good pictures (humorous to remember disease states the bugs cause). I love it; helps me remember alot.

hey, does anyone know of any problems with the 4th edition? i'm thinking i should play it safe and just get the 3rd seeing as how there's probably already an errata for it somewhere. thoughts?

It's a awesome book. Good pictures (humorous to remember disease states the bugs cause). I love it; helps me remember alot.

Agreed! It helps with the big picture and makes it easier to remember.

Great book. Also, if you like the Q&A format, check out Micro Recall.

CMMRS: Learn it, live it, love it! I like it a lot and it came highly recommended to us by faculty and previous year's students alike. Not much help for Immuno, but great for everything else.