Anyone have an opinion on this question???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adam638

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is my situation. I have already submitted my AMCAS and received a bunch of secondaries. I will take the MCAT for the first time in August. Should I submit my secondaries before getting my scores back or wait until October. Any help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on how confident you are in your score. If you are completely certain that you will get at least 27, you should submit the secondaries. If not, I would wait until October. Practice tests should give you insight into how you'll do but even their prediction isn't always accurate.

prob dosnt hurt to submit them so long as you think you are getting a good score. take tests 9 or 8 and if you get above a 28 then i would.

Members don't see this ad :)
dittozip said:
prob dosnt hurt to submit them so long as you think you are getting a good score. take tests 9 or 8 and if you get above a 28 then i would.

I'm just curious...is 27 on the mcat essentially the base score that you need to have a shot in the app process?

nooj said:
I'm just curious...is 27 on the mcat essentially the base score that you need to have a shot in the app process?

If you have a 27 with all other attributes being outstanding, you can get in places. Otherwise, I would think that a =>29 would be needed to be a good candidate.