Anyone have any good suggestions for a step 1 Anki deck?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lord_Vader

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to start my dedicated study period and I would like to have a deck ready on my phone to review things quickly whenever I have some downtime. Unfortunately I didn't find out about Anki until recently so I never got to make my own deck. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best deck out there for Step 1 studying that's comprehensive? I don't mind paying for one.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
can u please post brosencephalon link again.Please i couldnt find it.I want flashcards and i dont have time to make some.I have yousmle cards.if anybody share slyfaux or brosencephalon cards i would be happy to share yousmle cards.Please help

A simple Google search for 'bros anki deck' yielded this lovely collection. I'm assuming you want the one called 'errata 4'.

Tho I don't know how y'all study off of Anki. I still haven't figured out how it works, and I spent a good two full days of my vaycay that I'll never get back building a deck of first year things I need to remember.

Best deck is the one you make yourself. This means you've at least read every word of FA, though critically about it, and understood what was important and how to test yourself on it in card format.

Its a huge undertaking, but I think its ideal. Its what I did for Step 1. Made the relevant sections coinciding with what my exam block covered. Didn't feel so bad when I did that. Then I reviewed it all for a second pass during dedicated.

Reactions: 1 user
can u please post brosencephalon link again.Please i couldnt find it.I want flashcards and i dont have time to make some.I have yousmle cards.if anybody share slyfaux or brosencephalon cards i would be happy to share yousmle cards.Please help
Hi..Can you share yousmle cards please. Thanks!

I think Bros is pretty manageable and pretty good. Zanki is a bit much, especially if you're starting during dedicated. I know people who have been doing 1000 cards a day (reviews included) all through MS2.

I have 42k cards, use Bro's deck as linked above, lightyear, Medschoolanki.com has the Zanki decks. A google search can work wonders :)

I'd say zanki is most comprehensive. And don't listen to people saying to make your own deck. You do not have time for that. It might be ideal if you started day 1 of medical school, but even then I don't think it's the best way to do it. You just don't have the whole big picture idea in your head until well into second year.

Pre made decks are the answer. Unless you have an extensive background in physiology or anatomy then maybe you can make your own decks throughout the year.

Anyways. ZANKI is the answer to your question.