Anyone have any info on WVU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neicebug

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I was just curious if anyone has any info on West Virginia University---it seems to be a school noone talks about. Why?

Is anyone going on interviews at WVU?

Thanks bunches!
Denise
redface.gif
)

Members don't see this ad.

Usually only excepts in state students!!1

and most of us don't live there...
smile.gif

I have a friend who was on the alternate list and got accepted 2 weeks before class started. I think his MCAT was around 25, GPA 3.4. At any rate he is 26, married, 2kids. He loves WVCOM. The instructors are very nice. Most of his classmates are mid 20's to late 30's.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed at WVSOM on 9/27 (original date was 9/15 but had to change it) and was accepted on 10/5. I am not from VW so I was pleasantly surprised with the interview offer and elated when given an acceptance. Area is beautiful, but a little remote if you're used to NJ. It's a small school with a great rep in primary care and pretty strong OMM/OMT program. I was impressed with what I saw when I visited and cannot say enough about how informative the interview day agenda was and how relaxed and open everyone I spoke to was. I am sure I could do well here. I found much information on their web site which is well organized and would recommend going to the interview if you have one. Good Luck I wonder why we don't hear more about this school also.

------------------

rog

Hi,

Just want to clarify some stuff here. WVU is in Morgantown and is an MD school. It is a pretty good school and they do take a lot of in-state students.

WVSOM is a DO school in Lewisburg, WV. They have been nationally ranked for their Family Practice emphasis, with many graduates entering FP.

Billie

Hello, again!

I am interested in WVU....anyone out there get accepted or interviewed there??? If you were accepted, how long was the length of time between interview and acceptance. Also, are you in-state? What is your approximate gpa, mcat, etc.?

Thanks so much for sharing!
redface.gif
)

Hello, again!

I am interested in WVU....anyone out there get accepted or interviewed there??? If you were accepted, how long was the length of time between interview and acceptance. Also, are you in-state? What is your approximate gpa, mcat, etc.?

Thanks so much for sharing! )

I had an interview there October 1, but I haven't heard anything about an acceptance/waitlisting/rejection yet. I'd also like to know the time between interview and hearing about an acceptance because it's certainly been longer than my interviewers said it would be (they said it'd be a "couple weeks").

I have a 28O, 3.75 overall, 3.55 BCPM. I'm in-state.

Hello, again!

Thanks so much for sharing! )

I had an interview there October 1, but I haven't heard anything about an acceptance/waitlisting/rejection yet. I'd also like to know the time between interview and hearing about an acceptance because it's certainly been longer than my interviewers said it would be (they said it'd be a "couple weeks").

I have a 28O, 3.75 overall, 3.55 BCPM. I'm in-state.

This has to be the longest gap between responses ever...