Anyone have any solid memory retention strategies?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FollowTheMoney

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that I'm going to have to cram in 1.5 months (1 month content + 2 weeks FLs). I want to make sure I'm going about it in the right way.

Members don't see this ad.

trust me, you don't want to take any shortcuts on this test. if you aren't ready postpone. a 1.5 month study plan will not yield you a good score unless you are already around your target score and just need a quick brush-up.

Dude I know plenty of people who studied that amount of time or less and did well. Every case varies from person to person. My roommate started studying May 1, 2009 and took the test June 18, 2009 and got a 39 so what do you have to say to him?

Dude I know plenty of people who studied that amount of time or less and did well. Every case varies from person to person. My roommate started studying May 1, 2009 and took the test June 18, 2009 and got a 39 so what do you have to say to him?

Well, what Joker said is on point for most. Are you as smart as your roommate? If so, why don't you just do what he did?

Members don't see this ad :)
There's a psychology to memory and learning that's been proven. One school of thought says to learn something with the best possible retention, you should review the material within 24 hours of learning it the first time, then review it again within a week of learning it. If you do this, you should enhance your retention.

It's used alot by testing companies like Kaplan and Sylvan and I did a bit of research on it and it seems pretty effective.

He was just warning you that the general consensus is people don't tend to do well when cramming, there's no need to snap at him.
And in that case, if you know so many people, why don't you just ask them :rolleyes:

He was just warning you that the general consensus is people don't tend to do well when cramming, there's no need to snap at him.
And in that case, if you know so many people, why don't you just ask them :rolleyes:

lol, good point:p