Anyone have experience or know more about the HRSA scholarship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Enantiomer221

Reaction score
Is it worth the time commitment to work in an underserved community?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not to hijack your thread or anything, but I was wondering about this as well.

Can anyone who received it comment on the process of applying and what made them a competitive applicant?

I´ve explored the military option, but it is just not for me.

Thanks in advance for the input!

I don’t know as much about the HRSA NHSC scholarship, but I had the nursing equivalent for my BSN. As long as you’re willing to work for lower pay/more depressed communities, I think it’s well worth it. The program sites have been slashed a lot since the change in presidency, but I honestly would expect that any time the party changes. There’s still plenty of opportunities, and a few in big cities too. Take a look at where you think you want to live on their workforce connector site and see if anywhere qualifies at 18 or higher - they’ll likely still be there in 7 years. For me it’s been worth it, but I can only say that from the Nursing point of view. I do know we share a lot of the same site eligibility though, so I can at least speak to the general site concept! You want to have excellent ECs with a clear desire to serve at risk/underserved populations, and spend a lot of time on the essays and have an excellent undergrad GPA - that will be the same across the board. A lot of NPs who got NHSC also got Nurse corps, they said it’s not much difference in the applications. I plan to apply for NHSC since my Nurse corps agreement will be done a few weeks before I start medical school.

Reactions: 1 user