Anyone have info on transfering TO an overseas med school from US one as M3/M4?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Clark Kant

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mods, Delete This Topic Please.

Members don't see this ad.

One major reason is that I am very unhappy where I am currently at.

Members don't see this ad :)
One major reason is that I am very unhappy where I am currently at.

Still seems like a horrible idea. Why turn yourself into an FMG grad and put yourself at such a huge disadvantage? Have you taken M3 yet? Should be much different than the first 2 yrs.

Why the hell would you want to do that?

Do you REALLY think you'll be happier overseas? Good luck on that one.

I'm sure most of them would take you, seeing as how if you got accepted here you would have probably been accepted there with flying colors. Admissions standards are considerably lower there. I would really think about it though...don't make any hasty decisions on that one, because a reverse transfer back will not happen.

What makes you think it will be easy to transfer "overseas"? Many schools will only accept transfers from within their own country, much like the US!

And after you finish overseas, were you thinking of coming back to do residency in the US?

If so, when was the last time you had your head checked?

What is it about your program that has made you so unhappy? Is it the curriculum or the people? Either way, you should be able to find a US program that better fits your needs assuming that you are in an academic position to be able to transfer.

I am just wondering if anyone here has any information on how a third year med student at a US medical school can transfer in as a third year medical student at an international medical school?

If you can link me to any online transfer applications to good international med schools, I would really appreciate it.

Please advice. Thank you very much

What international medical school take such transfers, and how do I apply for them?

Any information, esp any links or contact information you can provide would be a huge help.

Thank you.

Even if you knocked up the dean's underaged daughter while you were both under the influence and you're butt-ugly, I would still stick it out at the US school.

Even if you knocked up the dean's underaged daughter while you were both under the influence and you're butt-ugly, I would still stick it out at the US school.

Tommy: But what if the Guarantee Fairy's a crazy glue sniffer? Next thing you know there's change missing from your dresser and your daughter's knocked up. I've seen it a hundred times.

I am just wondering if anyone here has any information on how a third year med student at a US medical school can transfer in as a third year medical student at an international medical school?

If you can link me to any online transfer applications to good international med schools, I would really appreciate it.

Please advice. Thank you very much

What international medical school take such transfers, and how do I apply for them?

Any information, esp any links or contact information you can provide would be a huge help.

Thank you.

My quote:
The grass always SEEMS greener on the other side.. (figurtively) :idea:

Tommy: But what if the Guarantee Fairy's a crazy glue sniffer? Next thing you know there's change missing from your dresser and your daughter's knocked up. I've seen it a hundred times.

:laugh: Great movie!

My quote:
The grass always SEEMS greener on the other side.. (figurtively) :idea:

The version I adopted from Little Richard is "The grass is always greener, but just as hard to mow"

Besides, even if you hate your school. It is m3/m4, things will be changing. It is better just to muscle through it. Why screw up your life over something as insignificant as 2 years? Those 2 years will probably be a sleep deprived haze regardless of where you attend.