Anyone have insight as to how VITA will potentially be used by schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tunaktunak

Reaction score
I've heard some theories but not sure if any are valid:

1. They don't use it at all; it might be required because the school thinks it will help prepare the applicant for the virtual interview, but it has no influence on admissions

2. They will use AI technology to track eye/facial movements, changes in pitch of voice, etc. during VITA and then you'll receive a percentile score based on those aspects (kind of like CASPer)

3. They will actually watch every single interviewee's VITA answers and make it part of the selection process (lmao do AdComs have this much time though?)

4. They will use it to determine if an applicant should be taken off the waitlist or to choose between two applicants who are very close in metrics and interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty sure 2 is false, but following because I'd like to get an idea of how much influence it has as well.

I'm hoping it's number one. I didn't feel good at all about my VITA, at least two of my IIs require it, and I think some schools are even using it as a pre-II screen.

I don't think everyone gets the same questions either. Furthermore, I read that residency PDs were solicited by AAMC for a similar system and they rejected it outright.

Reactions: 1 user