Anyone have opinions of relative difficulty of the MCAT practice test on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FreeMeDoctor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have opinions of relative difficulty of the MCAT practice test on AMCAS web site ? I mean tests 3-10 ?

Members don't see this ad.

The general consensus suggest that the early AAMCs are easy, while the later ones (AAMC 8/9/10) are closer to what it is on the test nowadays.

The Physica Science section had became much more difficult then the AAMC since the CBT. However, despite the difficulty, the final scores are comparable. If you're consistently getting 10's on your AAMCs, you can expect a MUCH more challenging real MCAT, but you'll likely still end up getting around a 10.
The AAMC physical science asks a lot of straight forward calculation problems, simple mechanics problems. Expect none of this on the real MCAT. Most calculations would require information from the passage.

The verbal has been very comparable between the AAMC test and MCAT, although most would say that the real MCAT has slightly longer passages.

Biology had been comparable from what I know, except that there are very few straight forward "know this or not" kind of questions. Most of the questions will require some degree of comprehension from the passage and not just prior knowledge. However, I don't think this is so different from the AAMC tests.