Anyone have PCOM's match list???

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by esfh, Apr 9, 2004.

1. esfh

esfh Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I have a friend who is graduating from PCOM this year and I wondered where she was headed. Thanks!

2. BklynWill

BklynWill EM Attending
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I don't know anyone who is graduating from PCOM this year but I am still curious to see the match list. I read that a list was produced but not published.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bobo

bobo Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Unfortunately PCOM's match list does not really exist. I have never seen a paper list generated or any file on the internet. The match list is printed in the yearbook when it comes out; however this is quite some time after the actual matches have taken place. Even then, this list is woefully inadequate. Not everyone is included, specialties aren't always listed and there is no distinction between the pgy-1 year (internship for many) and the rest of residency. In other words, many people will simply be listed as "traditional rotating internship" at a particular location. there is no way to tell where they are doing their residency. Admin. could care less about this.

4. BklynWill

BklynWill EM Attending
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hmmm that's interesting but not too suprising considering that PCOM appears to have withheld some info from US News last year. I'm curious why this is.
    Maybe the school is taking the term "private school" to a whole other level.
    Maybe rankings are not important and the PCOM admin prefers that the school be recognized for its reputation via word-of-mouth.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. VentdependenT

VentdependenT You didnt build thaT
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    AZCOM's list is up

http://mwunet.midwestern.edu/academic/AZCOM/azcomDean.htm

Notables not listed with their transitional years: DO neurosurg at Arrowhead. Military rads. DO derm at palm beach florida. DO urology at Cook County. We had an allo urology this year...it can be done folks, it can be done. :eek:

6. Fermata

Fermata Hold me.
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    That's not a bad match list at all. :thumbup: :thumbup: