esfh

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2004
Visit site
Status
I have a friend who is graduating from PCOM this year and I wondered where she was headed. Thanks!

BklynWill

EM Attending
15+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2003
New York
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
I don't know anyone who is graduating from PCOM this year but I am still curious to see the match list. I read that a list was produced but not published.

bobo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2000
Unfortunately PCOM's match list does not really exist. I have never seen a paper list generated or any file on the internet. The match list is printed in the yearbook when it comes out; however this is quite some time after the actual matches have taken place. Even then, this list is woefully inadequate. Not everyone is included, specialties aren't always listed and there is no distinction between the pgy-1 year (internship for many) and the rest of residency. In other words, many people will simply be listed as "traditional rotating internship" at a particular location. there is no way to tell where they are doing their residency. Admin. could care less about this.

About the Ads

BklynWill

EM Attending
15+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2003
New York
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Hmmm that's interesting but not too suprising considering that PCOM appears to have withheld some info from US News last year. I'm curious why this is.
Maybe the school is taking the term "private school" to a whole other level.
Maybe rankings are not important and the PCOM admin prefers that the school be recognized for its reputation via word-of-mouth.

VentdependenT

You didnt build thaT
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Louisville
www.somethingawful.com
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
AZCOM's list is up

http://mwunet.midwestern.edu/academic/AZCOM/azcomDean.htm

Notables not listed with their transitional years: DO neurosurg at Arrowhead. Military rads. DO derm at palm beach florida. DO urology at Cook County. We had an allo urology this year...it can be done folks, it can be done. :eek:

Fermata

Hold me.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2003
Vale of Humility Between Two Mountains of Conceit
Status
Attending Physician
VentdependenT said:
AZCOM's list is up

http://mwunet.midwestern.edu/academic/AZCOM/azcomDean.htm

Notables not listed with their transitional years: DO neurosurg at Arrowhead. Military rads. DO derm at palm beach florida. DO urology at Cook County. We had an allo urology this year...it can be done folks, it can be done. :eek:
That's not a bad match list at all. :thumbup: :thumbup:

About the Ads