Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Anyone have problems withdrawing from USC?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Alexander99, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Alexander99

Alexander99 Ghetto Fabulous
    7+ Year Member

So I called USC's admission office to ask what the appropriate way of withdrawing my acceptance is. The lady told me to log onto the secondary website and withdraw through it. Fair enough.

So I log on to the website to withdraw and it asks me all these questions about why I'm withdrawing. I fill that info out and when I clicked on the submit button, I get an error message. I assume it didn't work. Now, when I try to log onto the secondary website, it won't let me. All it does it clear out the username and password everytime I try to log on. Has anyone else had this experience?

Jalby: What the hell is going on?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. docmemi

docmemi 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

hahah they hate you now! youre banned from their status page.
    :laugh:

i just logged in and it worked.

4. Alexander99

7+ Year Member

You might be right. I double checked the login/password and it just won't let me log on. Maybe it worked afterall. I guess I'm going to have to call to find out.

5. docmemi

docmemi 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

w/e youre withdrawing anyway, who cares. were you accepted?

6. Alexander99

7+ Year Member

Yeah, and I'm worried about getting my $100 check back. Otherwise, I wouldn't give a damn but I need my $$$!!

7. docmemi

docmemi 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

chillax. youve still got a couple weeks. but yeah, withdraw for others to get in...hurry!

8. Alexander99

7+ Year Member

We've been through this already. Withdrawing doesn't make the waitlist move any faster so it doesn't matter. My money, on the other hand, DOES matter.

9. CalBeE

7+ Year Member

I withdrew from USC too, and I couldn't log in after that...I don't remember if I got the error message or not, but I think I did.

10. BaseballFan

BaseballFan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was accepted in Nov and sent in my $100. Check was promptly deposited 3 weeks after I sent it in. Withdrew my acceptance in December and they STILL have not refunded my $100, after two emails and multiple phone calls.

Ridiculous. I'm wondering if I'll ever get it back.

Don't expect a refund anytime soon.....

11. patzan

patzan Waiting for March 20th
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I don't know if this is the problem, but when I try opening the link from Hotmail, it opens the window with the "you are visiting a site outside of hotmail. To return..." You can't access the USC server from this page. Instead, you have to copy and paste the link into a new window.

Or maybe you're just banned?

12. Alexander99

7+ Year Member

I think I'm just banned. I don't access it through Hotmail but have the website itself saved in a bookmark (it worked fine before.) I think I should get a shirt that says "They hate me" on the back.

13. Alexander99

7+ Year Member

Aside from charging their students (both undergrad and med/pharm schools) a small fortune to attend, they also rip people off by not refunding a refundable deposit. No wonder they're so rich.
    :thumbdown:

14. late inthe game

late inthe game Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm right there with ya.

I called a few days ago to ask how to withdraw and they gave me this exasperated "Haven't you checked the website?" Honestly, I had kind of forgotten about the status website, so I said no, but I could if that was the easiest way to withdraw. Then the admissions office person said "no, it's FINE, just send us an e-mail with the address you want your check sent to."

So I sent them an e-mail, and then went to check the website, just to see what was going on, whether I could get some sort of confirmation of my withdrawl and... I'm totally blocked from the system.

And, of course I haven't heard anything else from them, no confirmation of receipt of my e-mail or anything. I just want my $100 and I don't want no trouble on May 15!

15. Alexander99

7+ Year Member

USC admissions is not representing at all. What is it? Do they have a grudge against us because we don't want to go there? The lady I talked to to find out the proper way was a bit snippy about it too. Do they expect us to know this? I assumed the website's withdrawal option was pre-secondary/interview but not once you've been accepted.

16. chapinsita

chapinsita from premed to med!
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I had sent a letter of withdrawl to USC because I had completely forgotten about the website. I just withdrew on the website right now and I also got an error message. I?m going to try to call tomorrow and find out if it actually went through. After the call, the letter, and online thing, I am definitely going to be on USC?s [email protected]!

17. Alexander99

7+ Year Member

We can start a club. They better refund our money those greedy bastards. :D

18. camstah

camstah running thru dandelions
    7+ Year Member

i wonder if anyone has ever NOT gotten their deposit back?

19. late inthe game

late inthe game Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I just called the admissions office and was told that they will be sending out our admissions deposit refund checks after May 15. I guess they just want to hold on to my $100 for one more week...

20. TripleDegree

TripleDegree Joker Doctor
    10+ Year Member

If you spent your time in learning how to use computers instead of flaming other people, you could learn how to do stuff. And you're the a$$hole, not me.