Anyone have success stories of taking the DAT during the school year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentallstudent

Reaction score
So I decided to study for the DAT this summer and couldnt focus. I got through half of BIO and all of gen chem and stopped. I am now planning to take the DAT this January (II have a month long winter break); however, I am afraid I wont be able to study throughout the semester as I am taking 13 hours. Im really aiming for a 23+ on the exam. Even if I do study 3-4 hours a day 3 months leading to Jan then a 10 hours during winter break, will I even be able to do well? I also really need to do a lot of community service this semester.

I am using bootcamp and destroyer btw.

Has anyone successfully studied during a semester and did well on the DAT?
Please give honest and objective opinions. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I studied during the school year taking 16 hours. It takes a lot of commitment, but it’s possible and I ended up with a 24AA. I studied through half of fall semester and then went hard during winter break and took my test early January before school started back up. So yes, if you’re serious about it and willing to put in the time, it is very doable.

So I decided to study for the DAT this summer and couldnt focus. I got through half of BIO and all of gen chem and stopped. I am now planning to take the DAT this January (II have a month long winter break); however, I am afraid I wont be able to study throughout the semester as I am taking 13 hours. Im really aiming for a 23+ on the exam. Even if I do study 3-4 hours a day 3 months leading to Jan then a 10 hours during winter break, will I even be able to do well? I also really need to do a lot of community service this semester.

I am using bootcamp and destroyer btw.

Has anyone successfully studied during a semester and did well on the DAT?
Please give honest and objective opinions. Thank you.
To answer your question , I have worked with many students through the years that have followed your same path and did quite well on the DAT. Be careful and make sure to keep focused on your school work, a good GPA is a very important part of the process. You can always retake the DAT if necessary, but not maintaining a good GPA spells problems in the future.

Hope this helps....Nancy, co/owner, Destroyer

Last edited: