Anyone having as much bad luck as I have this year? :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tennis Guy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I've been having terrible luck this year... here's the thread I started telling a lot of what happened... http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=805991 I don't want to reiterate it because it would take too long lol. However on top of all of this, the roof of my house got hit by a lightning bolt and a fire started in the attic, the beginning of this month, when my family and I were on a week long vacation. So, our vacation was cut short and we had to drive all the way back home immediately, which was more than four hours. Luckily, it was put out immediately, due to our neighbor calling the fire department and them coming immediately.

He was there only because it was July fourth weekend, so we were extremely lucky. There was a lot of damage due to water from putting the fire out and lots of smoke damage ( to clothes, certain items, etc.). We have great insurance so everything will be taken care of but we have had to rent a family friend's house because our house is unlivable at the moment. It will take at least four months to repair the damages, which is a real pain... :(

So, I was wondering if anyone else is having as bad luck as I am having this year? I'm at least thankful that my family and I are safe, our house didn't burn down, and nobody was hurt. :) I was really mad about this predicament, but I realized it was no use. Even if we were there, there would have been nothing that we could have done. I just hope life goes back to normal after all of this and that things will start looking up for all of us because we have gone through too much this year... :(

Members don't see this ad.