firebird69guy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Status
Just curious if anyone is rushing through the last few passages to finish on time. I seem to have a ton of time left over, especially in bio... I should probably slow down.

Verbal is a different story....... =)

huseyin

ras mania
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
firebird69guy said:
Just curious if anyone is rushing through the last few passages to finish on time. I seem to have a ton of time left over, especially in bio... I should probably slow down.

Verbal is a different story....... =)
the same here. I have 30 min remaining at the end of Bio. I have no time remaining at the end of verbal and hardly cover all the passage. My problem during the verbal is maintaing the concentration. Do you guys know what happen if we wear ear plugs? I know that it is not allowed to wear them, but how do these people will realize it?

liverotcod

Lieutenant Crunch
15+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
huseyin said:
the same here. I have 30 min remaining at the end of Bio. I have no time remaining at the end of verbal and hardly cover all the passage. My problem during the verbal is maintaing the concentration. Do you guys know what happen if we wear ear plugs? I know that it is not allowed to wear them, but how do these people will realize it?
You could always go see a really loud heavy metal band on Friday night.

RachelD

10+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2004
Oklahoma City
Status
huseyin said:
There are two strategies that may help. 1. go to the end of the section and see how many passages there are. This will tell you how much time you have for each passage. Figure out how much time you have for 3 passages. Don't look at your watch after every passage but do so after every three passages. This will help you know if you need to move faster or slow down. You want to avoid having to blindly guess on the last few questions.
2. to avoid having to reread the passage to find something, map each passage so that you can easily refer back to the passage. After reading each paragraph write a couple of words about the paragraph next to it.
These things helped me score an 11 on verbal. I learned them at Kaplan.