1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone headed to UOMHS-Des Moines?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by vmac, Dec 9, 1999.

1. vmac

vmac Member
    10+ Year Member

Looking to meet potential classmates for next fall!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

vmac:

I am not going there next fall, but I am hoping to be accepted there next year. I am premed from Iowa, and I was wondering what impressed you the most about UOHMS? I really don't hear much about the school on the board, so any advice would be very helpful.

GO HAWKEYES

4. darly

darly Member
    10+ Year Member

vmac,

Does this mean I won't be seeing you at the Touro interview next month? If not, then good luck at UOMHS next year!

5. vmac

vmac Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi Hawkeye and Daryl

First off, I was highly impressed with Des Moines University-Medical Center. The students, faculty, and staff were very helpful throughout the interview day. Everyone at the school makes you feel very comfortable. I was most impressed with the closeness of the students at this school. There doesn't seem to be the intense competition between students that is often complained about at other medical schools (although I am sure there is some). Email me if you have any specific questions you would like to ask me.

Vmac

PS Sorry Daryl but it doesn't look like a will be interviewing at Touro. Good Luck next month!!

6. Louigee

Louigee Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

vmac,

Congratulations on your acceptance at Des Moines University. I am a first year student at DMU and would like to welcome you to our school. Good Luck!

Rebecca
    DMU '03

7. vmac

vmac Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi Rebecca

Thanks for the congrats. Do you have any advice for living arrangements in Des Moines? I am out-of-state and do not know anyone from the Des Moines area. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

vmac

8. Louigee

Louigee Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

vmac,
    I too moved in from out-of-state and found the Apartment Blue Book to be very valuable in finding an apartment. You can call them at 1-800-222-3651 or visit them on the internet at www.apartmentbluebook.com and request their booklet. They have color pics, price ranges, extras, and a map with the apartment's location in their brochure (and it's free!). Many students choose to live in West Des Moines (a few miles away but easy access) or near the school. You can also contact the school or visit their website for additional information. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful when I was trying to move. Hope this helps.
    Rebecca