Anyone hear anything post-interview from Georgetown recently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chaldobruin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at Georgetown on Oct 23rd, and I called today and they told me a decision was made and the letter was sent on Nov 22nd. Its been a week and I havent gotten it yet. Is it usually this slow? Anyone else hear from Gtown who interviewed around that time?

Members don't see this ad.

So I interviewed at Gtown on OCTOBER 2 and have heard nothing. They are pushing the ten-week envelope here, folks. I would like to know. I called the week before Thanksgiving and they said I should hear this past week. Maybe it's in the mail... Lord knows....

Members don't see this ad :)
So I interviewed at Gtown on OCTOBER 2 and have heard nothing. They are pushing the ten-week envelope here, folks. I would like to know. I called the week before Thanksgiving and they said I should hear this past week. Maybe it's in the mail... Lord knows....

same here, they told me it was in the mail right before thanksgiving and still nothing!! Im afraid it got lost in the mail or something.

I interviewed on 10/11 and they told us it would take 6-8 weeks before we heard anything...

I win because I interviewed September 21 and I STILL haven't heard anything. I call about every week and they just tell me my app is "still with the admissions committee." :eek:

got the thin letter today: placed in the competitive applicant pool. Letter was dated Nov 21st (Jesus christ that took forever to get here!)

So-what does that mean? ("Competitive Applicant Pool") I've seen other people ask about this but I haven't see any anwers. I'd like to know becuase I've gotten this letter, too. Thanks!

I think Georgetown is a lot like UCSD in how they handle acceptances in their rolling admissions process. In both cases, I think they offer a small number of acceptances immediately following the interview, and place a large number of applicants in the "competitive applicants" or "acceptable" pool. This means that they will not have filled up their entering class by the time the interview season is over, and therefore allows them to select individuals from these pools to offer admission. I don't have solid numbers to back this up. I'm basing this purely on the fact that both schools have a relatively small number of accepted applicants to date.

I think Georgetown is a lot like UCSD in how they handle acceptances in their rolling admissions process. In both cases, I think they offer a small number of acceptances immediately following the interview, and place a large number of applicants in the "competitive applicants" or "acceptable" pool. This means that they will not have filled up their entering class by the time the interview season is over, and therefore allows them to select individuals from these pools to offer admission. I don't have solid numbers to back this up. I'm basing this purely on the fact that both schools have a relatively small number of accepted applicants to date.

You are pretty right on, judging from talks I had with current Gtown students and checking threads from last year. They accept very few right off the bat and place the majority into the competitive applicant pool, then reject the reset. They start pulling people from the competitive applicant pool in late Jan/Feb.