Anyone hear anything yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Annette

gainfully employed
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm getting paranoid. Has anyone heard from any programs yet? Do most programs wait until November?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Heya. Just got my first MD EM interview offer today. It is quite a relief, in fact I got all tingly inside. But I know that the majority of interview offers go out in November. Keep on waiting!

Which programs are offering interviews now? Did you have all your LORs in before getting the offer?

Members don't see this ad :)
Akron General Medical Center. I just found out today 9/30.

The only thing missing in my ERAS is my fourth LOR, it is on its way... its from an EM residency attending... I do have three LORs in (one of them from a non-residency EM attending). Everything else is in.

Good luck.

oh good.. i didn't apply there. Any other programs sending out interviews? This whole thing has me freaked out! Feels like applying to med school all over again.

I know Wright State sent me one about the middle of September.

QuinnNSU,
I sent you an email to the address you provided on SDN. Thanks.

I've heard from a couple of sources that interviews start to go out around the end of October with a few exceptions for superstar applicants. I was getting nervous too because some of my friends have already received multiple invites for other specialties.

Be patient. I started interviews in mid-November, and interviewed thru the first week of Feb. The program that I matched in was a mid-January interview...
The programs generally sit down two times to decide who will be on their list.....Once just after the interviews, and the other time is just before the match to do their final choosing...You may be forgotten if you interview too early, so don't stress out! Good luck and don't lose hope...
M, DO

Originally posted by tonem
I've heard from a couple of sources that interviews start to go out around the end of October with a few exceptions for superstar applicants. I was getting nervous too because some of my friends have already received multiple invites for other specialties.

I am definately not a superstar candidate and have received around 10 invitations so far. By not superstar I mean I got more non-honors than honors (but the rest were high passes). I think it's just how the school views a "complete application." If you're still waiting for LORs (I am not) then that's probably the hold up. A lot of places don't take a lot of stock in the Dean's Letter, but some (Indiana) sent an email saying they are specifically waiting for it.

Another thing I did that I think helped me is that our school doesnt list our grades on our transcript, thus making it necessary to wait for the Dean's Letter for a program to see your grades. I listed all my clerkship and AI grades under "med school honors" in ERAS. Kind of cheesy, but seems to be working. (Plus, I didn't have any med school awards... hehe)

mike

were your board scores real high?

Originally posted by Future EM?
were your board scores real high?

Step 1 was 245; have not taken Step 2. There are two people at my home institution/EM program that had 260+ that I personally know of. But the RANGE at my home school dips down to the low 200s for EM, so a high score is icing but not required to get in.

mike

wow.. not a superstart applicant with 240s...